There are exercises for cello beginners
How to play cello sheet music correctly as a beginner
Classical musical instruments have a special attraction and aesthetic, but also demand a certain amount of technical skill from the player. Whether violin, viola or cello - a certain technical preparation is necessary in order to be able to perform his playing ideally. Here's how to play simple cello notes as a beginner.
What you need:
- light play pieces
- Playback device
First exercises with the cello
- If you plan to learn this instrument, you should definitely take lessons to begin with, as alone you can quickly get used to technical errors that are difficult to correct later.
- First practice in front of a mirror in order to be able to correct your posture again and again, this is a little difficult at first, but it will lead you to success.
- Do not despair if you have problems with posture at the beginning and are uncoordinated, it will quickly pass. The brain first has to store the new movement sequences. But pay attention to their posture right from the start.
- At first, just bow the strings empty and practice the correct bow movement. It should be calm and straightforward. If you start grasping right away, you could quickly feel overwhelmed.
- Try to memorize the sound of the open strings well. Hearing is very important with classical instruments. You can also easily find sound samples for this on the Internet.
First entry with grades
- If you have memorized the sound of the open strings and the bow is correct, you can slowly move on to simple scale exercises.
- The cello is played in the F clef, so it is really advisable for beginners to use cello notes as well, as transposing requires experience.
- The cello has four strings; to memorize the strings, the saying "Oh you great cello" helps: A-D-G-C, so the notes are at a fifth. A fifth is 5 tones apart.
- When it comes to playing technique, you should know that your right hand holds the bow and your left hand grips the notes.
- This is where the teacher comes into play, because when you start to play correct notes, you need exact instructions, as you can hardly orient yourself on your own and the note positions have to be played to the millimeter. The points at which you place your fingers on the strings are called the position.
- The index finger always plays the first note of the corresponding position on all strings. The middle finger grabs the second, the ring finger the third and the little finger plays the fourth tone. The cello has a total of 7 positions.
- The pitch is determined by the number and the distance between the fingers and the position of the hand.
- In the first position, the first finger, i.e. the index finger, is at the top of the neck a whole tone above the pitch of the open string.
- At first it is difficult to play with the little finger, so you can play the next string empty because it is always the same note.
- First practice scales and perhaps small pieces with about 4 notes so as not to overwhelm yourself at the beginning. You can get easy-to-understand grades from the "Bärenreiter Saßmannshaus" grading school.
- In the beginning it is important to practice a lot and memorize the basics. So you should plan at least 20 to 30 minutes a day for practicing if you want good learning success, because it is important to practice all processes correctly.
- Repeat the warm-up scale exercises every day, after which you can move on to simple pieces.
- In the beginning it is very boring to always play the same thing, but this is the only way to learn well; to add some variety, you can vary your pieces slightly.
- Let your teacher or a good music store advise you which beginner schools for cello are still available and what might be suitable for you.
- As you progress, you can still repeat the simpler things over and over so you can see how your level has improved. If you keep going and learning new things, this is a good test.
- It is also good to have a recording device running while you play, so that you can correct any errors you may have overheard and check your performance. Don't worry, it doesn't sound so nice at the beginning, but you can understand your successes.
Have fun playing the cello!
How helpful do you find this article?
- Friction can hurt you
- How is badminton in contrast to other bat sports
- Can a woman become a customs officer
- What makes a good service employee
- Is it necessary to plaster porothermal stones
- DreamWorks competes with Disney
- What dirty things have you done
- Which company offers event management software?
- Was the Prophet Muhammad Black
- What is an underrated snack
- Why did Disney and DreamWorks split up
- How should we stop caring about others?
- Does the order of birth affect a person's personality
- What was Jesus' mother tongue
- What makes you most misunderstood
- Who needs serviced apartments
- Who are China's allies
- How do I get a Japanese passport
- How do you eat raw fish
- Why is Singapore so humid
- What is the best product for cleaning mirrors
- Smells copper
- Can I start dancing when I am 15?
- Would your gallery sell my art