What is UL 2272 Certification
Why the IO HAWK Cross is one of the safest hoverboards in the world
Buy yours IO HAWK
ENUL 2272 - A standard for your safety
In the USA, there were more than 52 cases of fire with property damage of more than USD 2 million due to cheap components installed, and the cases are also increasing in Germany and Europe. We as IO Hawk welcome and support the safety standard of UL, because according to the current status, only a UL certified hoverboard is really safeInternationally respected security check Underwriters Laboratories for short, UL, is an independent organization that tests products, components, materials and systems for specific safety aspects - UL does not "approve" the sale of the products, but rather offers manufacturers the option of a highly regarded UL safety certificate for the products on offer to acquire.
In February 2016, UL announced that it had created a standard for checking the safety of hoverboards with the developed safety test procedure “UL 2272 - Battery Systems for Use in Self Balancing Scooter”. Important - not to be confused: individual components of the hoverboards can already bear a UL seal, e.g. standards for lithium batteries, but this seal - as already mentioned - is to be considered for the uncoupled component, but not for the hoverboard as " whole system ". The UL2272 certification considers the whole system. Only an entire tested system is considered safe here, since only a balanced interaction of the components promises security.In order to obtain the UL2272 certification, the entire system is considered.
All hoverboards are subjected to a so-called FMEA test. - FAILURE MODE EFFECTS ANALYSIS - Previous UL standards are used here, such as: UL991 UL1998 UL60730-1 IEC61508
To put it briefly: A hoverboard with UL 2272 certification has undergone extensive tests, namely of every installed component and also in the interaction of all components. We are pleased that a standard has finally been found here, which we as IOHAWK welcome and support, because so far the following applies: There is no worldwide proven fire with an original IO Hawk (to be recognized by the IO on the rims)[addtoany buttons = "facebook, twitter, google_plus, linkedin"]
UL 2272 tests
- Short circuit test
- Overdischarge test
- Temperature test
- Imbalanced Charging Test
- Dielectric Voltage Withstand Test
- Insulation resistance test
- Vibration test
- Shock test
- Crush test
- Drop test
- Stress Relief Test (Mold Stress Relief Test)
- Motor overload test / motor blocked test
- further ENVIRONMENTAL TESTS
- Water test
- Thermal cycle test
- Partial immersion test
- IPX determination test
- Thermal alternating stress test
- Label performance test
- Plastic material used - Must not be easily flammable. (94-V-1) Flame Rating
- Metallic components - corrosion protection
- Housing: Must be IP3X and IP4X splash-proof
- Motor: Must pass UL1004 and UL2272 Motor Test
- LEDs - Must meet the UL LED standard
- Cells: Must pass UL 2580 and UL2211 tests
- Fuses / connections / chargers must meet the UL standard.
Manuel WielerBusiness Development Manager
The IO Hawk and this type of locomotion is trend-setting and we are pleased that standards for safety are finally being defined so that the end customer can now easily check them himself.
Sascha ArndtGeneral manager
For us, everyone's safety has the highest priority even before the company's profit. Offering a hoverboard for around 200 euros is simply impossible without accepting large quality gradations at the expense of user safety. The previous accidents were inevitable and we warned about them in June 2015. For this reason we welcome UL's safety standard
IO Hawk Invest GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 2151 1502017
Email: [email protected]
Managing director: Sascha Arndt
Commercial register: HRB 17679 Krefeld Local Court
Ustid / VAT: DE814999660
- Who was the first innovative cell phone
- What are the types of building claims
- Why are chicken legs called drumsticks?
- You can fry puff pastry
- What is Google LLC
- Why did France give up Algeria
- Can romance cause pregnancy
- What is Antrix Corporation
- Which newspaper do you read and why
- What is your childhood dream that never came true
- Are gadgets helpful
- Did you do something really impressive today?
- What is good English?
- What is the name of the fencing sword
- Which countries offer free abortions?
- The music industry underpays its artists
- How can I recognize bitchy employees
- Why do people smell bad
- Do you remember your first blowjob?
- Who is the richest person in Nepal
- How did you become yourself
- Parents are entitled to their children's paychecks
- Which Mediclaim Insurance Company Is The Best
- What is your opinion on teenage parenting