How many Americans live in Australia
Comparison with USA?
So who is the Australian's role model? The English motherland, the head of which - the Queen - is still the Australian head of state even after 100 years of republic? Or a little more the Americans? In general: How did the Aussies differ from the "Great Nation" between the Atlantic and the Pacific, which has over ten times the population of Australia?
One of the most heated discussions on the bulletin board in 2001 was an argument about what would be better now - a vacation in the United States or in Australia. The prejudices clashed violently and a whole series of clichés were exchanged. There's a little bit of truth to it. Nevertheless, you should see the following comparison as a contribution that was written with a twinkle in your eye. Incidentally, the site also reflects a little bit the happy "argument" between the two editorial offices of dlp: The editors-in-chief of AUSTRALIEN-INFO.DE and US-INFOS.DE sometimes also passionately lead the discussion about "the best holiday destination of all". The result is mostly a tie.
For the sake of completeness, it should be mentioned that this discussion took place before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001
USA - everything just superficial?
- Many Americans are terribly superficial. They smile at you in front ("Oh, it's so good to see you".) And as soon as you are out of the room you have the knife in your back. You can expect everything to a "How are you" - just no honest answer.
- Too often having determines being - reflected in the widespread attitude "My-house-car-boat-is-bigger-than-yours".
- In their "splendid isolation", Americans too often claim leadership and tend to be arrogant. Again and again they let you know that you are the best and the brightest.
- Many US citizens have little idea of the rest of the world. It is significant that a pop star like Britney Spears has no idea where Australia is, even worse that President Bush also had the geography knowledge of a 6 year old at the beginning of his term in office.
- The rest of the world is sometimes in the context of the "America First Thought" Sch ... no matter: The exit from the climate decisions contradicts all common sense, but is a majority in the USA.
- Doubtful snobbish facilities such as heated main roads in the ski area (such as in Aspen) ...
The "Aussie Feeling"
Australia is not just about rock, reef and opera. It may take a little longer to get infected with the Australian virus. But that may also be due to the fact that US culture and the images of Marlboro - correct - Monument Valley are ubiquitous in German-speaking countries. Children in Europe also grow up with Indian games. The TV series revolve around the streets of San Francisco, crime novels and soap series are set in Hawaii (Magnum, Baywatch) in Florida or New York, etc. In our minds, thanks to Hollywood & Co., we've all been there - in the USA.
Australia is completely different: in the daily newspapers reports about Australia usually only come up once or twice a week. Often it is tabloid reports about crocodile or shark attacks or other curiosities. Some Australian films like "Crocodile Dundee" or "Prisciall - Queen of the Desert" are rare events compared to the permanent American presence on European screens. So what triggers this "Australian virus"?
- The Australian way of life: It is a bit Californian, but also influenced by many South European and Asian elements.
- A combination of humor and hospitality: Australians are proud of their country, but also respect others, can laugh heartily at themselves and warmly welcome every visitor. Australians are very similar to Canadians in this respect, perhaps because of the stronger English influence than in the USA.
- And if you don't want to see an Aussie: You can really drive for days without meeting a soul.
- Last, but not least - a unique flora and fauna. Some people travel to Australia precisely because the koalas, wombats and kangaroos are at home there.
Actually, it doesn't matter whether you prefer "AUS" (australien-info.de) or "USA" (us-infos.de): You always end up - if you wish - with dlp. And we will - hopefully - provide you with comprehensive information, even beyond the usual clichés.
We look forward to your suggestions for updates and enhancements to this page.
Our editorial team invests a lot of time in research to keep the contents of AUSTRALIEN-INFO.DE up-to-date, clear and correct. Nevertheless, it cannot be ruled out that the content of this page is not updated daily.
You can help us: Do you have any suggestions for updating or adding to the information on this page? Is there an important reference to other sources of information missing (Internet links, literature, etc.)? Please click here and send us your information. Many thanks in advance.
- Is Mary the mother of Jesus dead
- What is considered a bad relationship
- What a coincidental thing made you happy today
- Should employees fear their CEOs
- Hereditary narcissistic personality
- Action construction company like is that
- should i break up with my girlfriend 1
- Which leads to people having big teeth
- How does it feel to receive Bastinado Falaka
- Damage fabric softener to a washing machine
- How do the Chinese see their languages
- What is your trusted free software
- Which countries have a democracy?
- What is the average salary in Chennai
- Why are there aliens only far away
- How are the jobs in DevOps
- What are Singapore's craziest laws
- What are civil engineering projects trending now
- Is Elvis Presley dead or alive?
- Are Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia related
- What is a good penis size
- Why do people play Counter Strike
- How racially divided is the USA?
- What are the best monoculars in 2017
- Why are alloys made 1
- Is food expensive in China?
- Are all actors and actresses narcissistic?
- What was your worst not again moment
- Which startups in Kerala are hiring
- What does the Bible say about Moses
- Who was the best Turkish president?
- What inspired the TV show Dexter
- What are meat rabbits