Can I drive my car without doors?
ᐅ Jeep Wrangler JK: remove doors and enjoy fresh air
What would a Jeep Wrangler JK be without a simple one Remove doors? That's the difference to the G-Class. However, there are, or rather, there were such specimens. But such an 88-hp wolf as a bread-and-butter car? Better the jeep then.
Remove the front doors on the JK
Well. So remove the doors on the Jeep Wrangler JK. Where was the instruction manual again? It doesn't matter, it's very simple. An electrical plug must be pulled apart at the front left in the footwell. Everything is open.
The door stop hinge is also ingenious. A tension belt is simply attached. American easy.
Oops, it knocks me around the door. But that happened quickly. I don't even get to turn the windows down. That would be better.
Remove the rear doors on the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Now remove the rear doors on the JK. The electrical plug and the door hinge are hidden behind a small flap on the B-pillar.
Then just unscrew the locking screws from each hinge.
Really not a big thing, the screw. Has nothing to hold on to either.
In the trunk of the Jeep Wrangler JK there is even an extra storage compartment under a small cover, in which the individual screws can be hidden without rattling. Really cute.
Dismantle the hardtop on the Jeep Wrangler JK
The 8 screws on the hardtop are also quickly loosened. Separating the electrical connector and the washer fluid line on the hardtop is more difficult. First pull out the red part. Then press under the small box with the red slider. This unblocks the switch. And the plug can be pulled out very easily. The washer fluid line still pull off and it is good.
Retrofitting mirrors on the Jeep Wrangler JK
The roof and doors have been removed. And so the rear-view mirrors are now also missing. As unclear as the legal situation for driving with open doors, the StVZO is clear for rear-view mirrors. Needs man. Let's see what's lying around. Ultimately, the mirrors of the Samson swallow have to serve. A little provisional with the rubber pad. But whatever. Fits.
Even see something. And the road traffic regulations are satisfied.
But still it is not finally clear to me whether you can remove the doors and drive like that. But the construction of the Jeep is designed to remove the doors, as well as to remove the roof. But no matter, off-road I can definitely remove the doors on the Jeep Wrangler JK. And I can find out about it on the road.
Is it allowed to remove the doors on the Jeep Wrangler JK?
Nobody knows whether driving without doors or better with the doors hanging is allowed or not. I think so. The roof can also come out. But of course there is no guarantee. Everyone has to take responsibility. In any case, my insurance company knows that I drive like this. Not that there is any trouble from that side. And above the sun visor there is even an extra safety notice for driving with the doors open.
So now I just have to think about how I can best combine driving with the doors removed and converting it to an off-road camper with a pop-up roof on the Jeep Wrangler.
More information about driving with removed doors in the jeep
- My round mirrors come from a Simson Schwalbe and optically match the JK: Click
- You can of course also buy the right mirrors for the Jeep Wrangler JK: Click
(24 votes, average: 4,96 out of 5)
- What are some examples of agile supply chains
- Asian women have a high sex appeal
- Is Norway a victim of socialism
- Actors cry real tears
- Are Egyptians really Arabs?
- The way the world thinks is changing
- Which country has the most polite people
- What do introverts think of themselves
- What are the examples of triangular pyramid
- Why do people like jazz music
- Which nations have the longest uninterrupted history
- Can age tremors be prevented
- Why do you have to practice scales
- What is a universe
- What are typical office hours
- Is life good with a relationship
- How long will new prostheses hurt
- How conservative are the Philippines
- How does it feel to have a toothache?
- Why are our lips red
- Is it worth an Economics Finance Phd
- Will work from home jobs increase
- Why doesn't my dog eat healthy?
- Any quality rabbit meat