Great Britain is really great
BrexitNow is Great Britain Out out the EU
Now it's official: Britain and the EU have split up. A year ago, EU politician Irina von Wiese said that Brexit was a suicide company. What's next now?
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is happy: Brexit is over, the EU and Great Britain have broken off. France and Scotland, on the other hand, regret this step.
"This is an amazing moment for this country. We have our freedom in our hands."
For Irina von Wiese, this is anything but a great moment. She is a lawyer and sat for the Liberal Democrats in the EU Parliament. She tried to prevent Brexit.
Von Wiese and her pro-European colleagues did not make it: "This is the moment when the United Kingdom will feel the economic and political consequences of the exit."
"This is the moment when the UK will feel the economic and political consequences of leaving."
In her view, Britain will lose connection to the world stage with Brexit, at a worst possible time: The country has been hard hit by the corona pandemic. Tougher than any other European country, she says: "Really only Boris Johnson can call this 'great'."
Brexit agreement: "There is little to praise."
At least there was still a Brexit agreement between Great Britain and the EU in the final spurt. Many no longer expected that there would be an agreement between the two parties.
Irina von Wiese is happy and relieved about it, but: "There is little to praise." But the deal would hardly make good what Britain would have lost with full EU membership.
"The corona pandemic has resulted in many people saying: International cooperation is important!"
The politician is worried about the future, she fears chaos, the United Kingdom could fall apart as a result of Brexit: "I wish with all my heart that I am wrong with my pessimistic prognosis." In the long run, there is only one way for them: back to the European Union.
"For me the best way would be to convince our own constituents that membership is a big loss," says Irina von Wiese. And the trust of the European partners must be rebuilt.
- Why is blockbuster nostalgic
- What goes well with a roast turkey
- What food can we not have for breakfast?
- What does it mean to become a firefighter
- What do people have against Fortnite
- Kiss a bad thing
- Who helped you the most
- Do feminists demand equal yet different treatment
- Does anyone at NASA believe in Hinduism?
- Is Havana a safe place to visit
- What makes you tick
- All governments are the same
- Has ended Game of Thrones season 8
- Can people dream while they dream
- Is it worth it to become a real estate developer
- What could make someone crave broccoli?
- What is Canadian cuisine made of
- How dangerous are motorcycles
- Should preschool be compulsory
- Can we really measure GDP?
- Which countries do not issue tourist visas?
- What is the negative impact of deforestation
- Who is an employee
- What is 360 degree feedback
- Why do liberals love Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
- Why do funeral homes smell
- What are some mexican cooking hacks
- How does Go Green help the environment
- What is the average overdose for meth
- What are the best emergency technologies
- Why do religious holidays become national holidays
- What power do Zionists have in the world economy?
- What Bible should I read and follow?