What is your current CTC
This document describes the troubleshooting steps to resolve issues related to starting the Cisco Transport Controller (CTC). CTC is an important part of Cisco's optical transport platforms and is used for operational, administrative, and maintenance purposes. This document only addresses problems related to Windows.
The CTC software is located on the controller of the ONS nodes (Optical Networking Services). In order to get to a node in the CTC, the IP address of the node must be accessible from the user's computer and the IP address must be able to be started via an Internet browser.
Cisco recommends that you have a working knowledge of the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of the Cisco Transport Controller and how to use it
- The IP address of the node on the user's computer
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
The information in this document is based on the Cisco Transport Controller used for the ONS series node management.
The troubleshooting steps apply only to users who have problems starting the CTC from a Windows computer.
This document can also be used with the following hardware and software versions:
- Software version 9.0 and higher
- Hardware versions ONS 15454 M12, M6, M2 and ONS 15600
Troubleshooting CTC startup problems
If the CTC fails to start, use these methods to troubleshoot.
Method 1: clearing the CTC cache from the computer
First of all, the cache file must always be deleted from your PC.
In Windows 7, navigate to:C: \ Users \ test \ AppData \ Roaming
In this example, "test" is the current user. Select the current user for your PC.
Open the Cisco folder, which contains the CTC folder that needs to be deleted.
Delete in C: drive-users-username all ctc.log files and ctc.ini files.
In Windows XP, navigate to:C: \ Documents and Settings \ admin \ Application Data \ Cisco \ CTC
Delete the CTC folder. If admin = current user, select your username.
Method 2: change Internet Explorer settings
- In Internet Explorer 7, turn off Protected Mode for a zone:
- Choose Tools> Internet Options.
- Click the tab security.
- Select the appropriate zone, and then clear the check box Activate Protected Mode.
The status of the protected mode ("Protected mode: On or" Protected mode: Off ") is visible in the IE status bar at the bottom right.
- Put the security zone level on Means firm.
Method 3: Change Windows TCP Features and Disable TCP Automatic Optimization
- To use this method, open a command prompt and type the following command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel = disabled The output of the command should OK be. This represents successful execution of the command. If this is not a OK-Results, run the command prompt as an administrator.
- To run the command prompt as an administrator, navigate to All Programs> Accessories> Command Promptand right-click Execute as administrator.
Windows Auto-Tuning feature for HTTP traffic received on computers running Windows Vista
- Windows can automatically overwrite the above user settings. So you can enforce it with this step too: netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled Use the same method to disable the automatic setting:
Hotfix improves the TCP window scaling in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Method 4: check Java version compatibility
Check compatibility with Java versions. Java version 6 with update 37 works for all CTC versions.
Download Java here.
Method 5: installing the CTC cache
The CTC cache can be useful and usually solves most problems related to the CTC call. Download the appropriate cache version (depending on your node version). Install the cache on your computer and use that cache to start CTC.
Download the CTC cache here.
In addition, this connection can be used to download the cache from the node, where Node name is the IP address of the node.http: //node-name/fs/StartCTC.exe
Note: The CTC cache 9.604 and 9.80 do not support software version 9.40 and earlier. The Cisco bug ID is CSCui16205.
- What is the cheapest food in Ukraine
- What makes you busy
- Why did snakes sometimes make friends with their food
- How can I keep up with life
- Why do people do immoral activities
- What makes you show off
- What does inflation and deflation mean
- What are your core beliefs
- How long do long-distance relationships last
- What agriculture can make a farmer rich?
- Is chickenfish halal
- How do I get a grocery license in Bangalore
- What are some technological skills
- Karachi is bigger than Delhi
- What is meant by small town depression
- What is the perfect date
- What did bread cost
- Which degrees are higher than a doctorate
- What do you think of ICO investments
- What kind of relationships last a long time
- What are guidelines for carpet shampooing
- What is the American National Debt
- What do we see on rainy days
- Fruit harvest in Australia
- What is considered a professional job
- How important is Kerala to India
- How is it in Australia 1
- Are the people on Quora real
- Is Bedrock really unbreakable in real life?
- What is inflation in simple terms
- How to do SEM Marketing
- What is the secret of a bright future
- What does vacation mean for federal employees