Is rapeseed oil unhealthy
Use healthy rapeseed oil correctly
Rapeseed oil contains many minerals, secondary plant substances such as carotenoids and the fat-soluble vitamins A, E and K. As so-called antioxidants, these can protect cells from attacks by so-called free radicals. Rapeseed oil also has the optimal ratio between omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. This allows it to lower harmful LDL cholesterol and reduce inflammation in the body. However, when it comes to cooking, rapeseed oil is often used incorrectly, with the result that healthy ingredients are lost and unhealthy trans fats are created.
Refined and virgin rapeseed oil
Depending on the variety, rapeseed oil is suitable for different purposes in the kitchen:
- Cold-pressed, virgin rapeseed oil is hardly treated and usually does not contain any additives. It has a golden yellow color, tastes slightly nutty and is particularly rich in vitamins and phytochemicals. However, virgin rapeseed oil forms unhealthy substances relatively quickly when it is hot. It should therefore be used in cold dishes, for example for marinating salads.
- Refined rapeseed oil It is heavily processed industrially, but less sensitive than native rapeseed oil. The color is lighter, the taste is more neutral. Refined rapeseed oil is suitable for frying, but must not get too hot. If the oil is already smoking slightly, it is too hot and should be disposed of.
The polyunsaturated fatty acids in rapeseed oil - as in other types of oil - are sensitive to light. You should therefore store oil in colored glass bottles in a cool and dark place, for example in a cupboard.
If you need hotter fat, for example for roasting a steak, coconut fat, peanut oil and clarified butter are recommended. They can be heated up to 300 degrees.
The main edible oils
What is the difference between olive and sunflower oil, what is special about pumpkin seed oil, what are the health benefits of linseed oil? The dictionary of ingredients gives an overview. more
Rapeseed: The golden oil crop from the field
It takes around a year for a seed to grow into a rape plant that is ready for harvest. In spring it stands in bright yellow in the fields, in summer it supplies valuable oil. more
The right cooking oil for every purpose
Rapeseed, olive or sunflower: How do you recognize good cooking oil? And which oil is best for searing meat, steaming vegetables and refining salads? more
This topic in the program:
Visit | 03/28/2017 | 8:15 pm
- Can schizophrenic hallucinations touch or hurt you
- You can track a location on WhatsApp
- What is a good tofu curry recipe
- What are some ways to read faster
- Will a fireplace insert heat my home?
- Which country has the best police service?
- Is bleach an acid or a base
- How to start a payment gateway
- How much cash should you always carry with you?
- What is an example of gas lighting
- Can I track a fraudster
- Who are the Jewish banking families
- How do you get selected for ISRO
- Laziness is a vicious circle
- When is it good to be alone?
- What are the best bedroom furniture brands
- I smell bad what should i do
- Why do we seek power 1
- What was the first spice
- Why do we dream in our sleep
- Difference Between Indian and American Lifestyle
- How was your experience on CAT day
- Why do cheap jeans smell so bad
- Can you eat fruits with brown rice
- How can men appear more feminine?
- Is it possible to own the earth?
- Is silt soil suitable for cultivation
- Why do some people hoard on things
- Which juices are good for the liver?
- What is your opinion on Generation X.
- What is the solution for urban traffic jams
- Why is eBay showing the wrong currency?
- What is the significance of typhoons
- How much do the local people earn