Are noodles considered unhealthy compared to rice?
Health-conscious people in particular often ask themselves whether they should cook pasta, rice or potatoes with their meal. Which side dish has the least calories and which side dish has the most nutrients?
Rice is the staple food for over half of the world's population. For white rice, the grains are ground, which means that valuable fiber, minerals and vitamins are lost. 100 grams of cooked white rice contains around 90 kilocalories. Since white rice is quickly converted to sugar in the body, regular consumption increases the risk of diabetes. Brown rice or whole grain rice has a higher fat content, but also more protein and is filling for longer. In addition, the variety, which is also known as unpolished brown rice, scores with twice as much magnesium as the white version, more potassium, calcium and iron. Rice is often contaminated with arsenic, and if we overeat it, the poison can cause cancer. White rice contains less arsenic than brown rice, and it is better to cook rice with plenty of water and pour off the rest instead of letting the rice swell. If you wash the grains off before cooking, you will also reduce the burden.
Spaghetti Bolognese or penne with pesto pasta are extremely popular and varied. 100 grams of cooked pasta made from durum wheat semolina weighs around 150 kilocalories, but they do not cause the blood sugar level to rise as quickly as rice or potatoes. How high the calorie intake is in a pasta dish is usually decided by the sauce: Bolognese, pesto or cream sauces increase the calorie content significantly. Just like with rice, the whole grain variant makes you full longer, it also contains more iron, zinc, magnesium and B vitamins. A little tip: Whole wheat pasta is a matter of taste, you can simply mix it with normal pasta.
The potato is often decried as a fattening food, but it depends a lot on the preparation. French fries and chips are of course very high in calories. 100 grams of boiled potatoes, on the other hand, only contain 70 kilocalories. However, the starch in the potato is quickly converted into sugar in the body, causing the blood sugar level to rise quickly and thus increasing the risk of diabetes. The potato is also rich in nutrients, including potassium, vitamins B and C and folic acid. Since there are many important substances in the skin, the potato should only be peeled after it has been boiled.
A varied diet is the healthiest. With rice and pasta, how healthy the side dish is depends on the variety. The whole grain variety is particularly recommended, the white varieties, on the other hand, only fill you up for a short time. Jacket potatoes score points with the fewest kilocalories as well as with valuable ingredients.
- How do you fake a pregnancy test
- There is a varied cuisine in Xalapa, Mexico
- What Bible should I read and follow?
- How do you pronounce a niche
- Why do people smell bad
- Why is tarot reading considered bad
- What should we say about teachers
- Who makes their own bouquets
- Is South Africa safe for Americans
- Which is the best employee management software
- What does it mean to lick your lips
- Why do people do immoral activities
- Why are so many creative geniuses misunderstood
- How does a country strengthen its military
- How do I start a Quora session
- How are fixed costs important
- What are quaternions 1
- Is a basement apartment legal in Toronto
- Which status should I create for my LLC
- Depressed people become passive over time
- What are some examples of oil fields
- What are the levels of BIM
- What is work from home
- Can illegal immigrants buy a home?
- Why is everyone corrupted these days
- What is an accountant
- Why did many Americans become Christians?
- How do Mexicans feel about New Mexico?
- What are you so over
- What do you think is rude
- Will artificial intelligence replace an MD radiologist?
- Why is Ivanka Trump Jewish
- My close friend likes me
- Where do Canadians eat