What do you mean by legal inheritance

Inheriting and bequeathing

Inheriting and bequeathing

Hello,
one or the other post here in the forum suggests that there are others who will inherit a more or less large fortune at some point. My parents are approaching 70 and my sister and I will probably inherit a 7-figure fortune. So far, we in the family have not talked about this although I actually believe that, especially with such amounts, one should think early on how to pass it on correctly (of course also from a tax point of view)? even if of course we all hope that our parents will live as long as possible. Of course, no tax advice can and must not be given here, but I would be interested in how this is handled in other families.
Beautiful evening.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Wouldn't it be up to your parents to worry about it? They don't have to leave you more than the compulsory portion - if there is still something left at the time of death.

"Heading towards 70" - yes, the death is imminent. My father is 72 and still plays tennis, he would tell you something.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I will also clearly have a seven-figure heir. Therefore, after 2 years of IB, I took my foot off the gas and prefer to take care of the future inheritance.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

So the only thing that, as far as I know, can really be used strategically is the allowances for donations. This is because these can be accessed every 10 years. From a purely financial point of view, it would therefore make sense if your parents start today to bequeath part of their assets to you through a gift and thus access these exemptions. So you can then lower the higher taxes on an inheritance or even avoid it completely.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

So my parents are now 64 and 71. At some point - as an only child - I asked carefully. I'm not at all about rubbing something out of my parents, but they have a considerable fortune and I'll have a lot to pay taxes on. Nevertheless: Only cautious inquiries lead to angry looks and the comment that I would inherit everything, but whether you should go to the grave now !? Although my father (lawyer and former board member in medium-sized businesses) knows a bit about law, economics and taxes, the subject is a no-go. They would support me in anything, but the subject of inheritance would be an absolute taboo. Incomprehensible, but I accepted it. The tax authorities will earn a lot (if I still live in D), but I can only be grateful for all the wealth my parents leave me with. They made it very clear that they did not want to make any tax optimizations (early payments, etc.).

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I will also have around 2 million heirs (in anticipation). I help with asset management and my parents invest most of it in stocks. and am also a bit wondering whether I should change my lifestyle as a result. I don't know if I should stay in the IB with the expectation.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Awesome!

You inherit (or will inherit) 6- or 7-digit amounts and complain that you have to pay taxes for them. Probably even significantly less than today's capital gains tax rate.

My opinion: Tax inheritances at 50%, for productive companies (i.e. those that create jobs subject to social insurance) tax exemptions amounting to the operationally necessary funds.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"Awesome!

You inherit (or will inherit) here 6- or 7-digit amounts and complain that you have to pay taxes for them. Probably even significantly less than today's capital gains tax rate.

My opinion: Tax inheritances at 50%, for productive companies (i.e. those that create jobs subject to social insurance) tax exemptions amounting to the operationally necessary funds. "

Always the same. Someone has a specific question and someone comes along with their idealistic view of the world and does not contribute anything to the topic. The inheritance tax as such is nonsense anyway, taxes were paid on the property when it was earned. But you don't usually need to come to people like you with rational arguments anyway.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

According to the motto: If I already have nothing, the others should kindly have nothing either.
Like in the sandpit when little Tim has a better shovel than Torben and Torben has to take it away from him and destroy it so that everyone is finally the same again and #social justice prevails.

Lounge guest wrote:

Awesome!

You inherit (or will inherit) here 6- or 7-digit amounts
and complains that you have to pay taxes for it.
Probably even less than today
Capital gains tax rate.

My opinion: Tax inheritances at 50%, in the case of productive ones
Companies (i.e. those that are subject to social security contributions
Create jobs) Exemptions amounting to the
operating funds.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

As long as your parents are both (!) Alive, the topic is not your business at first, is it?

If you then look at the significantly higher life expectancy of women, it can be that your mothers live until their early 90s and have to live on something.

So let's continue working first. And be happy that the parents are alive.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

It certainly adds to the discussion. His statement is that you shouldn't undertake tax optimization and should just be happy that you inherit so much.

Personally, I will not inherit a significant amount if there is anything left at all. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that inheritance tax in Germany is incredibly high. Of course there are decent allowances that can be used - but why should an inheritance be taxed at all? Purely for social reasons?

Lounge guest wrote:

"Awesome!

You inherit (or will inherit) here 6- or 7-digit amounts
and complains that you have to pay taxes for it.
Probably even less than today
Capital gains tax rate.

My opinion: Tax inheritances at 50% for productive ones
Companies (i.e. those that are subject to social security contributions
Create jobs) Exemptions amounting to the
operational funds. "

Always the same. Someone has a specific and direct question
someone comes along with his idealistic worldview
and does not contribute anything to the subject. The
Inheritance tax as such is bullshit anyway, for that
Property taxes were already paid when it was
was earned. But with rational arguments it takes
people like you usually do not come anyway.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

The argument with the already taxed money is nonsense, because otherwise VAT. you have to pay with money that is already taxed and and and ...

I would see this from a different perspective:
High inheritance taxes are not justified because everyone wants to leave something to their children. A 50% tax would significantly reduce the incentive to build wealth. And just because someone has saved their life, should their children give half of it back to the state (!) So that it then throws it out the window? What's wrong with you guys? Do you really think the state is your friend and manages the money better than you do? If you only knew how politics squandered the money ... slowly it's getting sick here. We already have a globally unique tax and duty burden and still some are calling for higher taxes. Completely insane.
In the next recession, the social system collapses because we have too many recipients and not too few taxes.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Yes and? Sales tax is also used to tax what has already been taxed by income tax.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

There are apparently a few people here who know their way around.

I will also inherit / take over my father's company.

Sales approx. 500k, profit before tax 180k. Nice penny for about 20 hours of work a week.

How would you best do that so that I would have to pay little to no taxes?

Give parts or how?

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I see thank you the same way. People who cheekily presume to rave about the wealth of other people built up over the years (e.g. by their parents) and try to reduce this through redistribution, should please concentrate on themselves and reflect on why they did not manage to accumulate wealth themselves.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"Yes and? The sales tax is also taxed on what was already taxed by the income tax."

Please give an example of this. Either I don't understand your point or you lack a fundamental understanding of these two taxes.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

You are seriously asking why others have failed to build wealth through inheritance? : D

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

um ... ask a tax advisor?

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

This change in discussion was almost to be feared ...

The fact is that I will personally inherit 7 digits.
The fact is that because I tear myself up every day, I don't have to inherit.
It is also a fact that I personally think it is wrong that the inheritance tax is so low. The middle class pays the bill in this country and has to pay the same percentage for a few 100,000 assets? If I inherit more than 10 million, I will never have to work again. It's sad that the work of one's own hands is taxed higher than that of someone else's ... Those who just sit around pay even less taxes than those who work ... Really sad. ... and then you hear from young liberals that that would be "fair" ... You do that on the backs of the middle class.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Lounge guest wrote:

I see thank you the same way. People who cheekily presume
over the years (e.g. by the parents) built up
Trying to get rid of other people's assets and try this
To belittle about redistribution, please focus on yourself
focus and reflect on why you didn't do it yourself
have managed to amass fortunes.

Debates of envy inevitably arise when it comes to inheritance, also in other threads such as "EUR 2,500 are enough for a single life". As the heir to a 7-figure fortune, to which one should not usually have contributed very much, in my opinion one should have the size and composure to ignore the criticism of the "others".

And if one defines justice as that which the majority of the population perceives as "just", then, as an inheritance of millions, one honestly has to come to terms with the fact that one belongs to a very small minority.

My opinion about it:
As long as the state does not manage to tax large assets (moderately) and with appropriate allowances, taxation at the point of transfer of these assets to successors is a logical alternative.
The lack of wealth tax, on the other hand, is probably a consequence of the high effort required to measure the "wealth" for tax calculation.
If there were such a thing, I would also reject the taxation of heirs.

Now, of course, you can't blame anyone for carrying out the transfer of assets within the legal framework and taking into account the current legislation, "tax-optimized".
On the other hand, if you are really wealthy, you can treat a tax advisor a few "bucks" as a fee for advice on this matter.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

What is fair? Why do some think that the state has to level everything nowadays?
We ALL know where this is going! It only progresses more slowly and in the end everyone wonders why things are going so badly.

The state will surely have even more access to inheritance in the future because it will need it! As always, the problem will be implementation. The state will certainly not only access inheritances over 10 million (which is really "rich") but, as the SPD already says, at 500k or a little more. You're already over with an apartment in Munich! Of course, this is not adjusted to inflation ...

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I love the envy and anger of the dispossessed.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

If you theoretically inherit a house worth 1 million and 0 "cash", do I have to sell / loan the parental home and pay the tax?

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Some start their careers with student loan debts, others with a seven-figure legacy. #Social justice

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Regarding the TE question: I don't understand exactly what you expect from your parents today, maybe you will repeat that.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Indeed, it adds to the discussion to ask why heirs shouldn't be taxed more heavily.

I think a lot of the people who write here are simply not realizing the injustice of high inheritance at all.

If you are in your late 30s and then aim to buy a house, you will still be amazed how your colleague can easily afford the house in the bacon belt and put 2 cars in front of you, while you yourself are indebted to the end of your (working) life and forever Hamster wheel trapped.

The above is the way things are, but there is no reason why it cannot even be addressed. And the question also arises to what extent society (and the oh-so-evil state) did not make the building of the heritage possible in the first place. Why the heirs then crows "the state is not allowed to do this, that's mine" is understandable, but small-minded.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Just have a look at the inheritance tax law, there you can understand a lot yourself relatively quickly. A tax-free allowance of 400k can be given away / bequeathed to children every 10 years.
The tax rates to be paid can also be found out quickly. One should not underestimate the tax burden in the case of a 7-digit inheritance. In order to be able to raise the tax sum, parts of the inheritance (real estate), for example, often have to be sold, or debts can then also be made over 10 years.
With real estate in particular, timely planning can prevent a high tax burden. For example, the tax-free allowance with the right of usufruct could be transferred to the children every 10 years, which can also serve to protect the parents in old age.

In general, I would advise you to deal a little deeper with the matter and then in any case to go to the tax advisor, as only they can give you a reliable answer.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

One can also be against the inheritance tax without inheriting great oneself. So it is in my case, I will not inherit a great amount of money later on and yet I feel it is unjust if people who have worked for it all their lives have to give a large part of this property to the state instead of to their own children .

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Point 1:
I will inherit a two-family house with my brother one day. Incl. If the parents have cash, it should be around 50k per person.

Point 2:
There will be elections again soon and you can then vote for the party that promises what you would like to have yourself.
Unfortunately, I have the feeling that most of our politicians are rather wealthy themselves and that the inheritance tax is sometimes used as a mood-maker, but is most likely never increased significantly.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

If the "colleague" does not inherit, the other remains in the "hamster wheel" (in which the heir is also thanks to his consumer habits, only at a higher level, which does not change much in the middle class lifestyle).

But that's human: I'd rather my neighbor and I each have 50 than he should be 80 and I should be 60.

Lounge guest wrote:

Indeed, it adds to the discussion to ask why
Heirs would not have to be taxed higher.

I think a lot of the people who write here will consider the
Injustice of a high inheritance is not right at all
Eyes guide.

If you are in your late 30s and then aim to buy a house,
you will still be amazed at how the colleague has the house
in the bacon belt and puts 2 cars in front of it,
while you yourself to the end of your (working) life
in debt and trapped forever in the hamster wheel.

The above is just the way things are, but there is none
Reason why you can't even address that. And it
The question also arises to what extent society (and
the oh-so-evil state) enables the building of the inheritance
Has. Why the heirs are allowed to crow "there"
the state is not on it, that's mine, "is understandable,
but small-minded.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

How can a two-family house not even be worth 100k?

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"But that's human: I'd rather my neighbor and I each have 50 than he'd be 80 and I should be 60."

I would say that's German and not human. There is a completely different recognition of achievement in the US.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Hardly anyone knows how high the inheritance tax is and how high the burden is on which assets, but everyone knows why it is unjust for you.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"Some start their careers with student loan debts, others with a seven-figure legacy. #Social Justice"

You really don't have to be surprised that millionaires, high earners and successful entrepreneurs are emigrating in droves. In 100 years everyone would wish that high earners and heirs would pay 25 percent taxes ...

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Aside from the question of what is fair and what is unjust, it is simply a matter of social peace.

The accumulating and constantly increasing capital is the greatest driver of social inequality, which sooner or later will lead to enormous tensions somewhere. It is in everyone's interest to prevent this from happening.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

You should complain straight to your ancestors about why they couldn't make a significant fortune and not to those who did.

It is actually really socially justified when parents save to enable their children to have a perhaps better life and the money is not distributed to economic refugees.

Lounge guest wrote:

Some start their careers with student loan debts, others
with seven-figure inheritance. #Social justice

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Ok, inherit.

Unfortunately I did NOT inherit to be tall (I am 1.72). Where is the "justice" there?

I think men over 1.85 should be taxed.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I would say that's German and not human. In the
USA has a completely different recognition for achievement.

To refer positively to the USA in a discussion about social peace and tax justice, you have to create first. : D

But that's human: I'd rather my neighbor and
I each have 50 when he is 80 and I am 60.

And because my neighbor suddenly pays less tax, will I magically have more money in my account?
If you cancel the taxes on the real high earners, the low earners tend to have even less in their pockets in reality. Then I'm not at 60 but rather at 30.
But "trickle-down" is also very popular with local business liberals, and has already worked (several times) wonderfully in the USA.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"To refer positively to the USA in a discussion about social peace and tax justice, you have to create first.: D"

I don't know where you read about social peace with the quote, I didn't write anything like that. I'm talking about a different understanding of performance in the States, where you nod your neighbor with the cool sports car in appreciation instead of whispering behind your back that he doesn't deserve it.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Right, and people spit on the poor because that's a sign of personal weakness.

"They should just pull themselves up by their own shoelaces, after all, I've managed to do something."

  • the republican opinion on poverty reduction

Lounge guest wrote:

"When discussing social peace and
To refer positively to the USA in terms of tax justice is a must
you can create it first. : D "

I don't know where you think about social peace when you hear the quote
reads, I have not written anything like that. I speak
from a different understanding of performance in the states where one
nods appreciatively to the neighbor with the hot sports car,
instead of whispering behind his back that he wasn't
earned.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

To answer the original question again.
My parents are divorced and each married different partners who also have children. That makes the question of "who inherits what" potentially more complicated in the end, because more people are sitting at the table.
Nevertheless, it would then probably only be about small 6-digit amounts.

On their own initiative, one parent has at least regulated the complicated part (landlord association) in the sense of "anticipated inheritance" without us having mentioned it as children.

In any case, I am very happy that my parents are still alive and are still in good health.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"Right, and people spit on the poor because that's a sign of personal weakness.

"They should just pull themselves up by their own shoelaces, after all, I've managed to do something."

  • the republican opinion on poverty alleviation "

I was referring to a quote that referred to a certain quality as 'human'. I cited the example of Americans (people, in my opinion), who see things differently, to refute this statement. You quote me all the time to trumpet your sense of justice here, but you do not deal with the content of my contribution.

Apart from that: I find the attitude that people who have achieved nothing, should then be co-financed by others through redistribution, really disgusting. Especially here in Germany, everyone can catch up with medium-sized companies if they are willing to show a little commitment.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Then why is inheritance necessary at all?

Rarely read such nonsense!

Lounge guest wrote:

"Right, and people spit on the poor because that is
is a sign of personal weakness.

"They should hold on to their own shoelaces
pull up, after all, I have something to do with it
brought. "

  • the republican view on poverty alleviation "

I was referring to a quote in which a certain
Property was designated as 'human'. I
cited the example of the Americans (in my opinion
People), for whom it is seen differently, to this
Refute statement. You quote me all the time to
trumpeting your sense of justice here sets
but not you with my contribution in terms of content
apart.

Apart from that: I feel the attitude that
People who have got nowhere then over
Redistribution should be co-financed by others,
really disgusting. Especially here in Germany really can
everyone catches up with the middle class, if he does
willing to show a little dedication.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

In my opening post, I was still thinking about whether I should point out that this should not become a justice discussion ...

Why do I think through the topic "already" in my parents' mid / late 60s? Because there is the tax exemption only every 10 years, so you have to be almost 80 for there to be a "new" tax exemption.

I expect my parents to give thought to the subject. You are thinking about what you will inherit from (from my grandparents): Transfer of the real estate several years ago including usufructuary rights for my grandma, tax-optimized design of the will. I just have the feeling that they don't or don't want to worry about their own inheritance.

So I'm interested in how this is done in other families.

And btw: My father only has a secondary school diploma and earned his own fortune, saved it up, invested it, etc. and did it with a normal job - but again nobody believes that because nobody can imagine what 40 years will achieve on the stock market thanks to compound interest can.
Of course, it is also easier to complain about injustice and to knock the money out here instead of dealing with investments ...

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

What has someone done who simply inherits a million dollar amount?

I do not inherit anything. In principle, I have no problem with the fact that others inherit a lot. But my experience and what I observe in this way goes in the direction that those who will inherit correctly tend to do less / are willing to do less.

Lounge guest wrote:

Apart from that: I feel the attitude that
People who have got nowhere then over
Redistribution should be co-financed by others,
really disgusting. Especially here in Germany really can
everyone catches up with the middle class, if he does
willing to show a little dedication.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

I don't know what you expect - your parents can do whatever they want with their money, can't they ?!

They are not obliged to bequeath them.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Lounge guest wrote:

How can a two-family house not even be worth 100k
be?

Structurally weak area ..... But our house built in 1955 with 260 square meters of living space, 700 square meters of land, 4 bathrooms (formerly 4 apartments), 3 garages, solar system and pellet central heating only cost 90k.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

It's finally going to be high.

So I will inherit to the power of 7 digits. Asset transfer has also been going on since baby age. Tax-optimized down to the last detail. (not my idea but I can't tell dad how he gives me his money)

I am also up for a higher inheritance tax (you can always optimize, especially when companies etc. are inherited and not cash) IF !!!! at the same time income tax is reduced by the same amount. I'm a big fan of the fact that you can work your way up to the absolute upper class and don't have to be born into it. (In the USA you can at least do the top 5% preparatory work as a lawyer, banker even a doctor. In Germany that is practically impossible.)

What I hate most of all, however, is when taxes are simply increased for everyone or "the rich" pay more taxes without relieving the middle class. This is usually how it works and the state uses the discussion about social justice to maximize its own income.

Regarding "people who heirs do less". I actually see two tendencies. Either actually low performance because already taken care of or very high performance because motivated to get the most out of the good opportunities or other intrinsic motivation. I realized around the age of 14 that I would never have to work. It actually increased my motivation and performance because in the end I wanted to show everyone that I deserved the Porsche I am sitting in. But of course everyone is different.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Lounge guest wrote:

"When discussing social peace and
To refer positively to the USA in terms of tax justice is a must
you can create it first. : D "

I don't know where you think about social peace when you hear the quote
reads, I have not written anything like that. I speak
from a different understanding of performance in the states where one
nods appreciatively to the neighbor with the hot sports car,
instead of whispering behind his back that he wasn't
earned.

Why do you bring the USA, of all things, into play when you want to argue against inheritance tax? Austria would have been smarter, there is nothing like that anymore.
In the US, depending on the state, up to 40% inheritance tax is due on large inheritances. In return, income taxes are much lower than in Germany. It is also not uncommon there to completely disinherit one's children, which is not possible in Germany.
Even Americans often do not have the greatest respect for an inherited sports car.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Sorry but what are we talking about here? Social injustice in Germany? For me that means that the cleaning lady complains because she only drives a Golf 6 instead of an A3.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

High inheritance taxes are not justified because everyone wants to leave something to their children. A 50% inheritance tax would significantly reduce the incentive to build up a fortune. And just because someone has saved their life, should their children give half of it back to the state (!) So that they can throw it out the window? What's wrong with you guys? Do you really think the state is your friend and manages the money better than you do?

==> You don't save a 7-digit amount as a cashier, nor as a doctor or manager. Do you consume more / less because you pay more / less sales tax, alcohol tax or gasoline tax? Does the state have to create / prevent incentives to save / spend money? What window does the state throw money out of? Who is the state for you and what does it spend money on? Derived from your weak arguments, I admit with all due respect that "the state" "manages" "money" better than you do.
Inequality is promoted through tax-exempt inheritance.

We already have a globally unique tax and duty burden and still some are calling for higher taxes.
==> Aha, and on?

In the next recession, the social system collapses because we have too many recipients and not too few taxes.
==> Get more specific!

The top x percent (presumably

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Lounge guest wrote:

Regarding "people who heirs do less". I
actually see two tendencies. Either actually low
Performance because already taken care of or very high performance
because motivated to get the most out of the good opportunities
or other intrinsic motivation.

It's actually like Hartz4, there are some who say "That's enough for me to live" and others who go to work, although they have to add extra, i.e. without going to work they would have no less in their pocket ....

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Inheritance tax in the USA usually from 5mio only or (Estate Tax)? But I also agree that inheritance tax can be increased if the income tax is adjusted downwards. But it won't happen anyway, so we should rather focus on at least preventing the inheritance tax from increasing.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

To the guy who envies the heir with his own house in the bacon belt:

What exactly would YOU get from it if the state took all of his inheritance from him?
Do you think the state will give you a part of the money so that you are no longer so strong in the hamster wheel? Are we really in the Wiwi Forum? Never learned anything about budget-maximizing bureaucracies?

You won't see a cent of it but the other is worse off. So a single Pareto deterioration.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Lounge guest wrote:

I am also up for a higher inheritance tax
(You can always optimize, especially when companies
etc. are inherited and not cash) IF !!!! at the same time
income tax is reduced by the same amount. I am

Unfortunately, the point is often forgotten, but in my opinion it is absolutely correct. The total tax revenue should not change significantly as a result of the increase in a certain tax, i.e. the same amount of relief may be given elsewhere.

As already mentioned, I would find moderate annual taxation of large assets more fair than taxation only at the time when these assets are transferred to others (inheritance, donation).

In contrast, as Minister of Finance, I would like to offer the following tax breaks:

  • Reduction of VAT by 1-2%, because that would actually also benefit lower-income households in particular

  • annual adjustment of the cornerstones of income tax according to the inflation rate or the nominal wage development, which should especially benefit middle incomes.
reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

"Why do you bring the USA, of all things, into play when you want to argue against inheritance tax? Austria would have been smarter, there is no longer anything like that."

I'm starting to despair of the reading skills of some in this forum. My post is so simple. I just read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I have not questioned any of what you write. In particular, my post was not an attack on inheritance tax. I write down the argument again as simplified as possible:

Poster 1: X is human.
Poster 2 (Me): No, X is German, there are other countries where it is not.

It was nothing more than a small marginal comment on a brief statement. The fact that I am being quoted here again and again and by several users to argue against me is so bad that not a single one refers to the quote and it is always assumed that I want to argue against inheritance tax. In your case, it would have been smarter just not to write anything.

reply

Re: inheritance and inheritance

Here again a deliberate discussion breaks out: the middle class is mutilating each other.

I now consciously call heirs to millions as the middle class.Why? Even with 2 million in the account, you can't sit back and relax until the end of your life ...
The problem in Germany is simply that everyone who could REALLY give up doesn't have to do it. I'll attack: 90 percent inheritance taxes from 100 million. That wouldn't hurt anyone (nobody with more than 100 million inheritance has to lift a finger), it wouldn't cost a job (the companies in question might then no longer be their own Hand, but then it's apparently all about vanities), but nobody wants it. We as a stupid middle class are still tearing each other apart. 25 percent of a million really hurt ...

But in Germany no one indulges. Not a little. There is also zero understanding that there is inheritance at all.