Why do religious holidays become national holidays?
The most important international holidays in 2021
When planning operations, traveling on business and maintaining international business contacts, it is advisable to know when it is a public holiday abroad. These holidays are due in 2021:
In many Christian states, no work is done on Good Friday (April 2nd), Easter Monday (April 4th), Ascension Day (May 13th) and Whit Monday (May 24th).
The breaking of the fast is an important date for Muslim countries. In 2021, it falls between May 13th and 15th and marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, which takes place from April 12th to May 11th. The festival of sacrifice is celebrated from July 20th to 23rd. The dates may differ.
Jewish holidays are Yom Kippur (September 15/16) and the Passover festival, during which work is not allowed from March 28 to 29 and April 3 to 4.
As in Germany on October 3rd, the Swiss celebrate their national holiday on August 1st, the French on July 14th and the USA on July 4th. The Chinese New Year falls on February 12 this year.
The legal situation
Basically, when there is a party at home, expats in Germany must go to work or take vacation. Because for German and foreign employees, the statutory public holidays in Germany apply, on which they are entitled to continued remuneration according to the Continued Remuneration Act. The Working Hours Act (ArbZG) also regulates that employment on Sundays and public holidays is not permitted - with a few exceptions.
By the way: May 1st is treated as a public holiday almost everywhere in Europe, but not worldwide.
Read public holidays worldwide
The business development agency Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) has put together an overview of all public holidays in the respective countries.
- Who is the last wife of the Prophet Muhammad
- How bad are croissants
- What are some British slang words
- What is the hardest software to program
- What is a theological order
- How do you become a positive leader
- Why doesn't my friend meet my family
- Which Sims 4 expansion packs are best
- How much does health care cost in Costa Rica
- What does generous mean?
- When is there inefficiency in an economy
- Have a long life in your family
- Are Cubans Spanish
- How does the ego arise
- What style of clothing for men women hate
- Who are the leading green mutual funds
- Are immigration checkpoints legal
- Which US state legalizes postpartum abortion?
- What do self-confident people do
- How long does inpatient drug rehabilitation take
- What is rigid sidewalks
- Should the US do performance-based immigration
- How expensive is Molly Maid
- What is the Starbucks Employee Holiday Policy