How to conduct meetings
MeetingsPrepare meetings perfectly - with an emergency plan
For every meeting you have to determine in advance what it should be about. What is the content of the meeting? You also need to clarify the organizational and technical framework. Particularly important: assess what attitudes and opinions the participants bring to the meeting. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the reason for the meeting?
- Why do we have to come together?
- What are the contents and topics to be discussed?
- What results and decisions should be made after the meeting?
- Who should be there?
- Who else needs to be informed?
Once you have clarified these questions for yourself or with your employees or your boss, you must prepare, check or clarify the following points in advance.
Create an agenda or agenda. There you explicitly write down the goal or the type of outcome of the meeting. Break down the content and topics that you need to discuss in order to achieve the goal in individual agenda items (TOPs). Save this with a rough schedule that you can use to check again and again during the meeting whether there is enough time for all the content.
Determine the beginning and end
It is particularly important that you determine the start and end of the meeting. They form the binding timeframe for the meeting that everyone (!) Must adhere to. The meeting always ends at the scheduled time, even if not all items on the agenda have been discussed. If there is not enough time in the end, you have to think in advance how you will react and how you will work on and clarify the open points after the meeting.
Meeting place and technology
Clarify where the meeting is taking place and whether you will find all the technical requirements there such as tables, chairs, flipchart, projector, pin board, writing tools and drinks.
Invite the participants who are important to achieve the goals and the results and to discuss all planned content and topics in depth. If a decision has to be made, the decision-makers should be there. In addition to informing the participants, also inform those who should know that the meeting is taking place.
With the invitation, ask all planned participants for feedback with acceptance or rejection and specify a date for the registration deadline.
Make sure all participants know what the meeting will be about, what the goals and outcomes will be. Name the agenda items in a comprehensible manner and do not include the agenda item “Other”. Because nobody can prepare properly for this - or the participants bring their points with them that they would like to discuss, so that the point of other quickly gets out of hand.
Address the participants separately who need to bring information to the meeting or have a task in the meeting (for example, present the project status).
Find out who is taking the minutes. If necessary, inform this person in advance what they should pay particular attention to when logging.
- What are the worst classes at MIT
- What is the best crypto wallet for Nigerians
- How do I avoid hiring bad people
- Which is better old music or new music
- Is Ayn Rand's philosophy socialist or capitalist
- What does the Telugu word Anta mean
- Buy music online
- How can a woman abuse her husband
- Can we mix different motor oils
- What is the Fujian Province in China known for?
- How did you get from heroin
- How is China's economy doing in 2014
- How much extra money do i need
- Why can demagogues come to power?
- What do we call our own smell
- Which Chinese province has the cutest girls?
- Have trypophobia
- What is the divorce rate in Germany?
- Can China and the US avoid war?
- How do I settle in Paris
- How are Turks treated in Germany
- Why is the youth currently unemployed
- Tennis elbow may cause numbness
- Girls can watch Game of Thrones
- How much does my stair conversion cost
- What are the job options in BMS
- Who is the youngest great grandparent of all time?
- Is considered middle class
- How much does private security cost
- Melania is as unhappy as she looks
- What about companies that need a CTO
- Older women are invisible
- Why do airplanes have no backwards 1
- What is rigid sidewalks