Is Kuwait a country
Map of Kuwait
The constitutional monarchy lies on the Arabian Peninsula.
The coast in the east of the country is 499 kilometers long and lies on the Persian Gulf. Kuwait borders two countries. The border line with Saudi Arabia is 222 kilometers long. Kuwait borders Iraq to the north and west. The border is 240 kilometers long.
The capital is called Kuwait City. The head of state is Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmed al-Jabir al-Sabah. The head of government is called Sheikh Nasir al-Muhammed al-Ahme4d as-Sabah. 2,750,000 people live on 17,818 square kilometers. The population density is therefore 142 inhabitants per km².
The desert of ad-Dibdiba makes up a large part of the country. The whole country is very flat, there are only a few bumps on the Bay of Kuwait. There are a few oases inland.
There are large oil fields south of the capital.
Nine islands belong to Kuwait. A 2,400 meter long bridge connects the largest island Bubiyan with the mainland. The island was converted into a military base after 1991. Civilians are not allowed on the island. Auha, Qaruh, Umm al-Maradim, Warba, Failaka, Miskan, Kubbar and Umm al-Namil are the names of the remaining eight islands.
A planned city for 700,000 residents is to be built 30 kilometers north of Kuwait City. The center of this city is said to be a 1 kilometer tall skyscraper called Burj Mubarak al-Kabir. The city is expected to be completed by 2030.
The maximum temperatures in summer are 50 degrees, but on average they reach 30 degrees. In winter it can get up to 25 degrees, but the average is 13 to 15 degrees. At night the temperature can drop below 0 degrees.
Kuwait has two universities, the first of which was founded in 1954. All children between the ages of 6 and 14 in Kuwait have to go to school. Lessons are free, just like the health system, which is considered to be one of the best in the world.
- Make us wise to read
- How is International Business VS Business Management
- What are the strangest things people hoard
- IPCC equals completion
- Should I buy a Realme X2 Pro?
- Why do we need childcare software
- What is the Daily Construction Progress Report
- What are some cool things about India
- Why do immigrants leave Hong Kong
- How smart were you as a student
- Who would like to be my business partner
- How much does costco
- Can a CEO be fired
- Did you read today
- Can someone born blind dream
- What are the Green Lantern Corps
- Why do you live in Japan?
- How do extremely wealthy people date each other
- Is Paisley Abbey worth a visit
- Should I marry into a Jewish family
- Why are guys calm during sex
- What currency does Guernsey use
- How can I study CMA 1
- Which is the largest desert