Portland Oregon is dangerous
USA: Refueling is considered life-threatening in the state of Oregon
The state of Oregon
Snow-capped mountains, dense forests, spectacular river canyons, rugged stretches of coastline on the Pacific, arid plains and fertile fields - Oregon is a state of geographical contrasts. All on an area of 255,026 square kilometers; this makes Oregon the ninth largest state in the United States.
Its state flag is the only one in the United States that has different motifs on the front and back: the seal of the state (with covered wagon, ship, mountain and sun) is depicted on the front and a golden beaver on the back. Oregon owes its nickname "Beaver State" to this animal.
Oregon is also the only state with an official state nut, the hazelnut. 99 percent of the entire hazelnut harvest in the USA comes from the so-called Pacific North West.
When asked about the capital of Oregon, many are wrong. Portland is the largest city in the state with around 630,000 inhabitants, but the capital is Salem (with only around 160,000 people), about an hour's drive southwest of Portland.
The gas stations
You have only been allowed to refuel yourself in Oregon since January 1, 2018. Until then, only trained tank attendants were allowed to use the fuel nozzle - for safety reasons. But they don't have to worry about their jobs now, because they are only allowed to refuel at free-standing gas stations in counties with fewer than 40,000 inhabitants.
The ban continues to apply in larger cities. After the law was changed, there were many angry reader comments in the local press: “I refuse to refuel myself. I had to do it myself once in California and almost died. "Or:" I'll literally park at the gas pump and wait for someone to fill up my car. "
- What is the Bill Gates lifestyle
- Will be modes after 2024 PM
- Who can tell me about Australia
- Why did Germany lose territories after World War II
- What was the first spice
- Is reading tarot cards credible or effective?
- Is Honduras a lovely place to visit
- What generation do we live in
- Why did Mark Zuckerberg create Facebook
- Who has to sell something heavy?
- What is the best bitcoin wallet
- Why doesn't America care about the environment?
- Speech pathologists earn good salaries
- Are the British nice
- Why is France so pathetic
- Gastric gas can cause stroke
- Is thermocol biodegradable
- What is considered our mother tongue
- Astronauts are millionaires
- Where is the best hotel management system
- Does anyone at NASA believe in Hinduism?
- How does culture shape who we are
- Can you start a business without money
- Why introverts speak so little