How construction cranes balance the weight
Slewing crane: structure, load capacity, manufacturer
Synonym (s): wall cranes, pillar jib cranes, slewing cranes, gantry cranes, three-girder cranes
A Slewing crane is a special crane that is particularly suitable for some areas of application because it
- is relatively inexpensive - a smaller model is available from just under 2000 euros.
- it is easy to install with a plate on the floor or on the wall.
- is particularly suitable for the in-house transport of goods or containers, for loading goods, e.g. for loading and unloading vehicles.
The slewing movements of a crane are controlled by an operator. The control can take place at the push of a button, via cable or by radio.
In addition to so-called slewing and slewing cranes, there are also:
A complete overview of all crane types and further information on the subject of cranes can be found on the overview page cranes. In addition to jib cranes, there are also tower and construction cranes.
Installation locations for a slewing crane mostly depend on the respective requirements and areas of application. Examples of the most frequently used installation locations and areas of application are:
- Open spaces / outdoor areas
- (Assembly, production, storage) hall / halls
Boom, outreach and load capacities
From Crane boom (the horizontal part of a crane) are dependent on two important quantities. On the one hand the outreach, on the other hand the load capacity. The Overhang is the area on the crane boom that can be reached by the trolley. The smallest projection is close to the vertical part of the crane, while the largest projection is at the outer end of the crane boom. The overhang can never be the full length of the boom, but is always slightly less.
Also the Load capacity or Load capacity a crane depends on the length of the crane boom; the longer the boom, the lower the possible load is measured at the outer end of the boom or at the point of the greatest overhang. With a model of a pillar crane with a 3 meter radius, the load capacity is e.g. 1000kg, while the same model with a 7 meter radius is only 250kg.
The maximum load capacity of a slewing crane is in the range of up to one hundred tons, mobile cranes can sometimes carry loads of up to 1250 tons.
The crane boom can also vary in its functionality. There are needle jibs, trolley jibs and articulated jibs:
- Luffing jib
- raises and lowers the load, can also be adjusted, rotated and driven with the load. Luffing jib cranes are mobile and are more likely to be found outdoors.
- Trolley jib
- the load rope runs over a horizontally movable rope hoist trolley, the "dead area" is very small due to the minimal overhang and is more likely to be used indoors.
- Articulated boom
- the boom has a foldable joint and is therefore very flexible.
Slewing cranes can work in different working radii. The swivel range is the decisive factor for the working radius: Most jib cranes are located in a radius of 180 - 270 ° or 180 - 360 °.
Pillar jib crane
The pillar jib crane can be installed free-standing and is anchored on a concrete or steel floor. Depending on the model, the swivel arm can be rotated in a 360 ° radius and is therefore very flexible. The movable trolley with a hoist runs along the rail on the boom of the crane. The hoist can be an electric chain hoist, a manual rope hoist, chain hoist, belt hoist or a compressed air balancer. The slewing crane also has an operating unit and a slewing drive or travel drive.
- The trolley is a component that plays a major role in many types of crane: it is the trolley that enables the hoist rope to move. The trolley runs along the girder. Depending on the slewing crane and area of application, there are also differences between the trolley - monorail and double-rail.
- The trolley is driven either by an integrated drive or externally, e.g. via a cable pull. The trolley is usually designed in such a way that it works unmanned, but it can also be designed with a driver's cab, e.g. in the case of large types of cranes with high lifting heights.
- Load capacity
- The load capacity of a pillar jib crane varies depending on the model. B. up to 250 kg and in exceptional cases up to 100 tons for large.
- Swivel range
- The slewing range of a pillar jib crane can be 360 ° or 270 °.
- The overall height of a slewing crane varies. The slewing cranes can start at 2710mm, sometimes even less.
Mobile pillar jib crane
In terms of structure, the mobile slewing crane (also traveling crane) is to be equated with the permanently installed pillar slewing crane. Due to its flexibility, it has a number of advantages.
A mobile pillar jib crane
- can be easily moved and relocated with a pallet truck, a forklift or its own motor
- it can be used quickly
- is still firmly on the ground thanks to its foundation
- swivels all around 360 ° in one area
Wall jib crane
The wall-mounted jib crane is designed for mounting on a wall or a column. Wall-mounted jib cranes differ from pillar jib cranes mainly in that they are not freely mounted on the floor, but rather, for example, on a steel support on the wall. In addition to the type of attachment, further features of a wall-mounted slewing crane are the boom, consisting of a double T-beam or a hollow profile beam, and a Hoist.
- Load capacity
- The load capacity of a wall-mounted jib crane varies depending on the model. A load capacity of up to 10t is quite possible.
- Swivel range
- Wall-mounted jib crane: swivel range mounted on the wall 180 °, mounted on a column or corner 270 °
All major manufacturers of slewing cranes offer custom-made products, individual crane solutions and crane systems that can be tailored to the specific space and working conditions - depending on the price request. Each component of a crane can be adapted here - from the type of attachment to the hoist. Their design means that they can be set up both outdoors and in halls. Workplace cranes are also offered as an individual crane solution, so that work can be carried out in a stationary or mobile manner in mechanical engineering or plant construction. In addition to individual solutions, there are also cranes that can be used universally in smaller areas of application: Workshop crane and Counterweight crane.
So-called workshop cranes are made of aluminum, can be used mobile and, in addition to counterweight cranes, are ideal helpers in workshops and smaller areas of application. Many of these cranes have a Tripod is used, which forms an important element in the construction alongside the hoist and crane boom. Slewing cranes can also function as workshop cranes. These specially built counterweight cranes (workshop cranes) are suitable for production in halls and large workshops.
A Slewing crane is quite generally a crane that can perform a rotary movement in addition to the lifting movement. Often the designation Slewing crane synonymous with Slewing crane second hand. The specialty of the slewing crane is that the rotation can take place in a radius of 360 °. A pillar jib crane can therefore also be a slewing crane, but a wall jib crane cannot be swiveled in this radius.
A common area of application for slewing cranes is in sewage treatment plants. The machines and tools required there, e.g. B. Sludge pumps or aerators can be lifted out of the clarifier for cleaning or maintenance.
The slewing gear forms the interface between the lower and upper parts of the crane in the slewing crane. With small slewing cranes, the slewing gear is located in the lower area of the crane, with some larger cranes e.g. the tower crane, the slewing gear is located in the upper crane area below the crane boom.
Since slewing cranes often work in damp areas, such as slewing cranes in sewage treatment plants, they are usually made of hot-dip galvanized steel or stainless steel and are therefore relatively resistant to chlorine or salt water.
Manufacturer of slewing cranes
- Vetter Krantechnik / Vettercranes
- Slewing cranes, portal cranes, custom-made products and accessories
- Pillar jib crane, wall jib crane
- You can also lease cranes from Vetter Krantechnik. The VETTER slewing cranes including the LIFTKET electric chain hoist and the UNILIFT pillar slewing crane are well known.
- You can also buy slewing cranes incl. Electrolift or Electrolift from Vetter.
- Hall crane systems with load capacities from 80 kg to 120 t
- Pillar jib crane, wall jib crane: Workstation crane for an improved material flow around the adapted workstation
- Bridge cranes, harbor cranes, hoists
- Konecranes also offers stationary cranes with slewing jibs. The two types of pillar jib crane and wall jib crane are mainly on offer.
- Demag Cranes & Components
- Industrial cranes and crane components, cranes, hoists, light crane systems
- Pillar slewing crane, wall slewing crane with loads up to 10t
- Demagcranes mainly offers cranes from the areas of process cranes (including components) and universal cranes.
- Pillar jib crane, wall jib crane
- Ralf Brinkmann
- Slewing crane types: pillar slewing crane, wall slewing crane
- Stöckl mechanical engineering
- Pillar jib crane, wall jib crane, ceiling jib crane
- J. Schmalz
- Manufacturer of: Aluminum cranes with numerous lifting devices such as chain hoists, rope hoists, rope balancers or vacuum lifters.
- Pillar jib crane, wall jib crane
- Meissner cranes
- Is a manufacturer of slewing cranes with a guyed jib arm for easy and simple movements as well as with a supported jib arm in particularly low rooms. Pillar jib cranes and wall jib cranes are also sold.
- The company Kurschildgen GmbH, also known under the synonym Tiger-Krantechnik, offers various slewing cranes:
- Pillar jib cranes
- Slewing cranes
- Wall jib cranes
- Tripod cranes
- Workshop cranes
- Gantry cranes (aluminum gantry crane APK)
- For more than 80 years, KITO has been selling slewing cranes, which are produced for extreme operating conditions with international safety standards.
- Fast handling
- Zasche is also a manufacturer of slewing cranes. These are primarily intended for use in workshops and can be put together individually using an online configurator.
Buy slewing cranes
Various online shops offer slewing cranes from different manufacturers for configuring the load capacity and radius.
The online provider Jungheinricht PROFISHOP AG offers, for example, the VETTER slewing cranes with various load capacities - the portfolio also includes slewing cranes including LIFTKET electric chain hoists and in column versions.
- Buy used slewing cranes
- Slewing cranes can also be bought used. Some manufacturers and platforms offer used cranes. A used crane can be completely sufficient depending on the requirements and application. The used slewing cranes are workshop-checked and in good condition.
Lease slewing cranes
You can lease slewing cranes instead of buying them directly. It must be noted that individual solutions cannot be taken into account; cranes that have already been designed are available. For example, Vetter offers slewing cranes for leasing and renting. When making an inquiry, the customer specifies the product, the offer price, the down payment amount, the financing amount, the duration and the residual value.
- Lease slewing cranes from Vetter
- Depending on the model and design, slewing cranes can be leased from Vetter for 20 - 120 euros / month. The leasing term can be between 24 and 60 months.
- Avocado increases blood sugar
- How did fire start?
- How was your crush at school
- Which websites stream music for free
- What things make a city unforgettable
- Where does the term ship shape come from?
- Do you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Is the office word good for writing theses
- How much does opium cost
- What is the purpose of the mortar
- All lawyers are morally corrupt
- Is loneliness harmful
- What is corporate restructuring
- How did you discipline a spoiled Goere
- Who was Moses' father
- How do Russians see the Chinese
- How are rotten teeth fixed
- Will dreams really happen in real life?
- Who speaks a language called Mudderschproch
- How is life in Australia
- How do you perceive as an Indian
- How are bridges built over water?
- How should we stop caring about others?
- Which profession does the least for mankind
- Should Indonesia accept the Rohingyas
- What can immediately motivate me to learn
- What does Colombia export
- Has the world recovered from the global crisis
- What is your worst moment
- Who was the best Turkish president?
- Can you write a real love story
- What is the best time tracking application
- A US passport has 10 numbers
- Is it disrespectful to call America Murica?