What do you like most about chicken?
Chicken with vegetables from the oven
I love chicken in all varieties and combinations. And Chicken with vegetables from the oven I find it particularly tasty.
This simple dish is not only suitable for beginners, but also for every season, because after the short and simple preparation, it cooks itself in the oven.
It is therefore also suitable for summer, as you do not have to spend most of the time in the kitchen 🙂
Here's how to make chicken with vegetables in the oven
First of all, of course, you will need the chicken parts. For this dish I prefer chicken legs, i.e. the thigh and leg of the chicken.
The chicken parts are only seasoned with salt, black pepper and paprika powder.
You should be fine with the chicken pieces season generouslyso that they get a nice taste too.
Then fry the chicken pieces briefly in a preheated pan and then set them aside. They come later on the potatoes and vegetables before they go in the oven.
At the same time you can peel the potatoes and cut the remaining vegetables into small pieces.
It all comes together in one large baking dish and will vigorous seasoned with the spices specified in the recipe.
Now add some poultry broth and place the chicken pieces evenly on top of the potatoes and vegetables.
It is important that the chicken parts are on top, because this is the only way to get a crispy skin later.
Now put the casserole dish in the middle of the preheated oven.
That's it s
After about 70 minutes, the chicken and vegetables should be cooked through.
Since every stove is different, you look your best every 15 minutes times after the chicken. If it gets too dark, you can use the baking dish Aluminum foil cover. The dish then continues to cook as normal, but the chicken parts do not get darker.
What's the best way to cook chicken in the oven?
The chicken should be cooked at a temperature of 190 - 200 degrees top and bottom heat on the middle shelf. It is cooked when the core temperature in the thickest piece is at least 70 degrees.
You can also cook the chicken a little longer. I like my chicken firm and crispy, so I just leave it in the oven a little longer
The rest of the chicken parts that contain a bone, i.e. the chicken legs, are best suited for the oven. They stay juicy longer than, for example, chicken breasts.
A digital meat thermometer that you can buy for little money, for example, is very practical. at Amazon * (click!). You can also use such a meat thermometer for steaks, roasts or grilling and thus always knows exactly when the meat is done.
Tips for preparing chicken
- Always store and process raw chicken separately from other foods.
- Use a separate knife and cutting board for processing raw chicken.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces that have come into contact with the raw chicken with hot water and washing-up liquid.
- Wash hands thoroughly after processing raw chicken.
- Chicken should be cooked through completely and should not be eaten pink. The cooked chicken should be white and the meat juice should no longer be pink, but clear. The core temperature should be at least 70 degrees Celsius.
The specifiedPreparation times are, by the way, an average. It is completely normal if it goes a little faster or takes a little longer, as with one the preparations are done faster than with the other and the chicken parts can also be of different sizes. In addition, every oven is different. It's best to always see if the chickens are done and how you like to eat them.
I wish you a lot of fun cooking and a very good appetite!
If you liked my recipe for chicken with vegetables out of the oven, you might also like my recipe for oven chicken with potatoes and vegetables in tomato sauce (click!) 🙂
PS: You don't want to miss any more prescriptions? Then just follow me on Pinterest or Instagram ❣
Do you like my recipe?
If you liked my recipe, if you have any questions or helpful tips about the recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate the recipe with stars 🙂
Have you tried this recipe?
Then I'll be happy if you take me on Instagram@feelgoodfoodandmore mark and the hashtag#instakoch uses 🙂
Chicken with vegetables from the oven
For the chicken
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika powder noble sweet
For the vegetables
- 8 to 10 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 2 onions
- 3 red, yellow and green peppers
- 1 leek
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon bell pepper rose spicy
- 2 teaspoons of salt or more, depending on your taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 100 ml poultry broth
And that's how it's done
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Wash the chicken pieces, dry them and season with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
- In a preheated pan, fry in a little olive oil on each side for about 3 minutes.
- Peel, wash and halve the potatoes.
- Press the garlic, peel the onions and chop them roughly.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Then rinse and cut into small pieces.
- Clean the leek and cut into rings.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half.
- Spread the potatoes and the chopped vegetables in a large baking dish.
- Season everything generously with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, sweet paprika and hot pepper, rosemary, thyme and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix everything well.
- Now add the chicken stock.
- Spread the chicken pieces evenly on top.
- Cook in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 70 minutes.
- Note: Since every oven works slightly differently and the amount of ingredients used is always slightly different, the cooking time can also vary slightly.
- Tip: The chicken pieces should always be on top when cooking so that they become crispy. If the chicken parts get too dark during the cooking process, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
Arrange and serve
- After the cooking time, take the baking dish out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then distribute on plates and serve immediately.
I like it:
This post has 15 comments
Looks really delicious. I have to cook that 🙂
Thanks for the recipe! Cook it for the second time today. Super tasty and quickly prepared! Top!
Hello Jennifer 🙂 I'm so happy to hear that. Thanks for your great feedback. Have a nice weekend 🙂
looks delicious .. will be tried soon ..
Thank you very much, Ingrid. I'm very happy 🙂 LG Christoph
Casserole dish just in the oven .. just under an hour .. then I'm curious .. and will report later
Hi Ingrid 🙂 I am sure you will like it! Not much can go wrong there. Just make sure the chicken doesn't get too dark. Every stove is different. LG Christoph
- How do people get rich 2
- Which songs have the best bass drops
- What is the fatiha prayer
- Can a private company partner
- Can you survive just eating seafood?
- What is a good freshwater fishing lure
- Is it worth studying in Oxford
- How does a VoIP business work
- Are there any CBSE schools in Canada
- Why countries forbid PUBG
- How do I make money with Instagram
- Helps Pregnancy Cure Endometriosis
- How do I find a good accountant
- Have you seen the Sex Education show?
- What happened to full-service gas stations
- Is sushi popular in South Korea
- Can women smoke in Dubai
- Is socialism good
- Can Ohio Unemployment Be Extended?
- How much is an app user worth
- Can we stop imagining something?
- Does platonic love include marriage
- Why don't Mongolians like Chinese?
- What makes a successful project manager internship?