How can a chiropractor help with scoliosis
Scoliosis: Exercises for Lung Function and Straightening
With scoliosis, the body becomes inclined: the spine has twisted. This causes tension and back pain, because the muscles are not balanced and sometimes shortened - on the right-hand side as opposed to the left-hand side.
Scoliosis can even affect lung function. Normally the lungs are widened and narrowed again with the help of the breathing muscles. If the muscles around the rib cage are tense, the ribs cannot expand properly. The result: only a small amount of air can flow in. Exercise - walking faster, climbing stairs - results in shortness of breath and a feeling of tightness.
How exercise helps with scoliosis
Daily stretching of the shortened muscles helps to release tension and regain more mobility. Targeted exercises to strengthen the chest, abdominal and back muscles can stop the progression of the curvature in mild scoliosis, and sometimes even reduce it. In addition to strengthening the trunk, it makes sense to train body awareness - a well-known procedure for this is the Schroth scoliosis therapy, which also includes learning a certain breathing technique (angle of rotation breathing).
It is important to keep the exercises long enough to ensure the success of the treatment. Exercise therapy should also be carried out during treatment with a corset or after surgical measures.
If there is painful tension, there is one Manual therapy helpful - a special form of physiotherapy. With special grips and pressure techniques, the muscles are stretched across and thus loosened.
At a Respiratory therapy Affected learn techniques to use their auxiliary respiratory muscles well. This makes it possible to breathe deeper and better and to become more resilient again.
Suitable sports for scoliosis
During scoliosis therapy with a corset or implanted rods, many sports are ruled out because the mobility of the trunk is restricted or because the aids could break. As a balance and to maintain the general basic fitness, however, sport should not be completely absent. For example, are suitable swim (especially backstroke), Cycling, Nordic walking, therapeutic riding and Archery. Tensioning the bow in particular requires strength and strengthens the muscles. The pulling motion will widen and stretch the chest. In addition, a firm and secure stance is crucial in this sport. Archery trains stability and body alignment at the same time.
Straightening or stretching exercises from yoga and pilates are also recommended for scoliotics.
This topic in the program:
The Movement Docs | 10/28/2019 | 9:00 p.m.
- How painful can periods be
- Why is there labor law
- You should be chasing recruitment consultants
- Science kills religion
- Are you black when you are Egyptian
- What are Pisces love predictions for 2020
- How do I get a job with no experience
- How would you define a foodie?
- When gay comes
- What is JP Morgan's greatest weakness
- Why can't I feel my penis
- Can a woman rape men
- How useful is a forensic degree
- Why is haircut so expensive in the US
- What's your best worst childhood memory
- Slaughterhouses are as bad as people say
- Which juices are good for the liver?
- Which leads to my joints shifting slightly
- What are conservative values versus liberal values
- What is the tastiest salmon
- Who better to speak English, Spanish or Italian?
- How can I say guy in German
- How can foreign companies acquire Chinese companies
- Where did the indigenous people come from?