What can lead to your visa application being rejected?
Apply for a US visa
Information on Form DS-160
On this page:
Every applicant, including children, must have their own visa application with a separate form DS-160. Form DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to the interview at the US embassy or consulate. The barcode number on the Form DS-160 confirmation page is required to schedule your appointment. The form DS-160 got to be submitted online. The US embassy or consulate does not accept handwritten or typewritten applications; without the confirmation page of Form DS-160, you will not be admitted to your interview.
By electronically signing Form DS-160, you certify that all of the information contained therein is correct and accurate. Any inaccurate or misrepresentation of the facts could result in your being refused entry to the United States of America. Please ensure that all answers are correct and that all questions have been answered in full. Note: For questions about completing the DS-160 form, see the following website. We are unable to answer any questions about this process or to assist you with it.
Browser requirements:The DS-160 online form is best supported by Internet Explorer 11 or higher and Google Chrome 58 or higher. Safari is not supported.
Guidelines for Completing Form DS-160
Fill out and submit Form DS-160 after carefully reading the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit Form DS-160 online before scheduling an interview at a US embassy or consulate.
- The embassy or consulate you choose at the beginning of the DS-160 form must match the location where you would like to arrange your interview appointment.
- All questions must be answered in English and using only letters that are in the English language, except when using your full name in your native language alphabet.
- As part of the DS-160 process, you must upload a photo taken in the last six months. For details on how to take and submit a high quality photo, visit the Department of State website here.
- If you interrupt the application process for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will then have to start over, unless you have noted your application number or saved your application as a file on your computer. Make a note of the application number displayed at the top right. If you need to close your browser before submitting your application, you will need this application code to continue with the application later.
- After submitting the DS-160 form, a confirmation page will be displayed with an alphanumeric barcode. Please print this page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at your US embassy or consulate.
- As soon as you have printed the confirmation page with the barcode, press the "Back" button in your web browser and then e-mail a backup copy of the DS-160 form to yourself. The file is sent as a PDF file, which Adobe Acrobat can be viewed or printed.
- A new DS-160 online form for applying for a nonimmigrant visa and the associated barcode must be submitted with each new visa application. A DS-160 from a prior visa interview or mail-in process will be rejected and may delay your visa application.
For questions about completing the DS-160 form, see the following website. We are unable to answer any questions about this process or to assist you with it. The DS-160 form can be found here.
- What is the next step after selling
- When is hurricane season in Hawaii
- What did Steve Jobs do at Pixar
- How do I write a reminder email
- Can we sell stocks without buying?
- How did humans discover that crabs are edible
- How many dessert recipes are there
- What does 10 2
- Should Shiites be treated as Muslims
- Will React finally beats Vue and Angular
- Wild animals pass out
- Which anime was ruined by its fan base
- You can make tea in British tanks
- What is your favorite restaurant in Bangkok
- Should I get a degree in forensics
- How does detention feel after school?
- How do you inspire others to change
- Was the EuroFighter a successful aircraft
- Is a pathological lie hereditary
- Why are careers in counseling popular
- Which country supports pensioner immigration?
- Abraham was a real person
- How are children affected by films
- How can I impress school girls