Can you make a bisexual girl straight?
Everyday family life in the corona crisis
Most parents assume that their daughter will fall in love with a man at some point or that their son will sooner or later enter into a partnership with a woman. And it is even more natural to assume that your son feels like a man or your daughter feels like a woman. In most cases the parents are correct, but sometimes they are not, namely when their children belong to a sexual or gender minority.
What does sexual and gender diversity mean?
Sexual diversity: Between 3 and 15% (depending on the definition) of adolescents belong to a sexual minority because they are more or less attracted to the same sex erotically and emotionally, i.e. they feel bisexual or homosexual. Many of them also describe themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual.
Sexual diversity: The phenomenon of trans identity is independent of homosexuality and bisexuality and affects around one in 10,000 young people. Here, the perceived gender (gender identity) does not match the biological gender and this means that there is a permanent desire for gender reassignment measures, often in childhood. A phenomenon that has only recently been removed from the taboo is intersexuality, in which the biological gender (chromosomal, hormonal, anatomical, etc.) is not clear - nature cannot be squeezed into our usual man / woman categories.
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transident children and adolescents become aware of their homosexual tendencies or their transident gender identity (inner coming out) over time, most often at the end of childhood or during puberty (but sometimes much later) Sometimes years pass before they communicate this to others (external coming out). During this time, some teenagers feel very isolated and the risk of mental health problems is increased. While heterosexual adolescents have to cope with age-typical problems (school, career choice, puberty, etc.), many sexual and gender minorities experience additional challenges such as fear of being rejected by their parents or friends and, unfortunately, they actually experience more discrimination and violence than their heterosexual peers and have a significantly higher risk of suicide.
- What is legal still feels illegal
- Why do software companies buy software
- Endometriosis causes infertility
- How do I organize a children's party
- Why do people get old differently
- What is the grading system in China
- Why are peaceful protesters arrested in America
- Should the marriage have an age
- How do I become a chemist 1
- Are you very creative and productive
- Can you use iOS code for Android?
- Who speaks a language called Mudderschproch
- When should I start saving for retirement?
- Does Singapore need more land
- What is traffic jam
- Automation will lead to job losses
- In what things are old people better?
- Still hard work done in prisons
- What spices should every new cook have
- What if I don't have parents
- All Europeans are slaves
- Are the people on Quora real
- What are the best celebrity perfumes
- How can you personally help the government?
- How is everyday life supported on earth
- What happened to your bully in middle school
- Are professors really that smart?
- Who was righteous Muhammad or Jesus
- Why do I feel like a sissy
- Can CIA employees go out with foreigners?
- How does machine translation work?
- What race do the Vietnamese belong to
- What is quantum cryptography
- What is the maximum package in MMM