What actually happened in the Kargil War
Kashmir conflict: five bloody wars between India and Pakistan
Cyril Radcliffe was certainly not to be envied for his commission. As chairman of the government commission, the British lawyer was supposed to determine the dividing line between India and Pakistan in 1947. He only had a few weeks for this sensitive process. After the Second World War it was decided that the two dominions of the Empire would not achieve their independence until 1948. But the civil war, which had long been raging between Hindus and Muslims, induced the British Viceroy Louis Montbatten to bring the date of partition forward to June 1947.
Radcliffe and his staff did what they could. Nevertheless, the result, the Radcliffe Line, provoked one of the greatest catastrophes of the 20th century, which was certainly not poor in catastrophes. In order to separate the bitterly hostile ethnic groups, Bengal in the east and the Punjab in the west were divided. Today's Bangladesh became part of Pakistan, as well as parts of Punjab and Kashmir after bloody conflicts. But since Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs were all mixed up, the division meant the displacement of 20 million people. At least a million were killed in the process and in the fighting over it.
Several wars and the arming of India and Pakistan into nuclear powers were and are the result. How explosive the so-called Kashmir conflict is still smoldering is shown by the shooting down of two Indian fighter planes through Pakistan. Previously, Indian jets had carried out an air strike against a jihadist training camp in Pakistan, from which an attack on Indian security forces had been carried out. 40 people were killed.
- How did the aircraft of the First World War take off
- What are careers related to tourism
- Where can I hire free programmers
- Is Germany the leader of the EU
- Why are there no homeless people in China?
- Are Realme and Redmi the same company
- Has Singapore a visa on arrival
- What happens after acquiring a company
- Which activities can be carried out alone in the open air?
- How does the Flash Barry Allen die
- Will China ever become democratic?
- Is coffee the best breakfast drink
- What are the best courses at LSE
- Fish is the healthiest meat to eat
- What is Marvel and DC
- What Indian Companies Are Recruiting Online
- Why is European cuisine so boring
- Can we join TCS after the resignation?
- Do recruiters use resumes at all
- How is coconut milk preserved
- What are some substitutes for chickpeas
- Where did the indigenous people come from?
- Children like school because of the break
- Why is a diet harmful?
- What is a truck capacity
- What really annoys an ENFP
- How do you smoke meat
- Have you ever destroyed someone's life
- When did you learn German
- Slavery still exists today
- What is the most useless college degree
- How many years did Jesus preach?
- Do celebrities ever marry fans
- Is Wing Chun useful in MMA