Are there reasons to restrict freedom of speech?
Where is the line between freedom of expression and discrimination?
Freedom of expression is an important human right. However, this also applies to the right not to be discriminated against. Nobody wants to be disadvantaged or marginalized because he or she has a certain origin, skin color or religion. The ban on discrimination is also at the core of human rights.
Now what if you discriminate against someone by making a certain statement in public? You can say anything, but where is the line between freedom of expression and the ban on discrimination in this case?
In general, there are some restrictions on freedom of expression. For example, one cannot simply reveal company secrets (such as customer data or production processes) or a government military plan. And in times when a state of emergency has been declared or war is raging, the government can restrict the freedom of expression of the population.
You shouldn't denigrate other people and spread lies about them. And one must not incite violence, discrimination or murder. This is - in most countries - a criminal offense. So it can happen that a judge convicts a person for the fact that he has called for discrimination.
Although the line between discrimination and freedom of expression cannot always be clearly defined, there are guidelines and agreements that help to draw this line.
- What is your school lunch like?
- What are the hidden costs of an operation
- Children should be watching Riverdale
- What is advanced construction management
- Regret moving to Portland Oregon
- What good things did Trump do
- Web developers are in great demand
- Why do I despise anime so much
- What do ENT doctors find intimidating about INFPs
- Like Australoid are South Asians
- What percentage is required for BDS
- Can I fall in love at school
- What is your role in your family
- Are Canadian women like American women?
- What is the cervix cerclage
- Who loves more girls or boys
- Americans hate Great Britain
- What is it what you dream of
- Has a non-Muslim ever read the Koran?
- Can One Person Company Increase OPC Investments
- When did the Japanese invade Singapore?
- Who passed immigration laws
- Are Russian women okay with racial mixtures?
- How expensive should your home be