What is universal banking
Universal banks - A reconsideration
Financial Structure and Stability pp 139-147 | Cite as
As regards the role of the banking sector in economic development, numerous important contributions have been made in the literature of economic theory and economic history.lToday, I wish to focus on one aspect of this discussion, namely on the role and importance of the universal banking system.
KeywordsBanking System Supervisory Board Individual Bank German Bank Personal Loan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Borchardt, K., The Industrial Revolution in Germany, Munich 1972.Google Scholar
- Born, K.E., Money and Banks in the 19th and 20th Centuries, Stuttgart 1977.Google Scholar
- Buschgen, H.E., universal banks or specialized banks as regulatory alternatives for the banking industry in the Federal Republic of Germany with special consideration of the collection and use of capital, Cologne 1970.Google Scholar
- Cameron, R. et al., Banking in the Early Stages of Industrialization, New York 1967. Cameron, R. et al., Banking and Economic Development, New York 1972. Google Scholar
- Gerschenkron, A., Economic Backwardness in Historical Perspective, Cambridge 1962. Gurley, J.G., Shaw, E., Money in a Theory of Finance, Washington 1960.Google Scholar
- Hankel, W., Monetary Policy, Stuttgart 1971.Google Scholar
- Huret, J., In Deutschland, (1907), in: K. Hackenberg (ed.), Wuppertal (year of publication not stated). Google Scholar
- Immenga, U., Participations of Banks in Other Business Areas, 2 “d ed., Baden-Baden 1978.Google Scholar
- Landeszentralbank in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (ed.), The Central Bank in Hamburg: How it became, what it was and what it is, Hamburg 1981.Google Scholar
- Neuburger, H., Stokes, H.H., German Banks and German Growth, 1883-1913, An Empirical View, The Journal of Economic History, No. 34 (1974), pp. 710. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Schumpeter, J.A., Theory of Economic Development, (1911), 5th ed., Berlin 1952. Google Scholar
- Smith, A., An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, (1776), ed. By J.R. McCulloch, Edinburgh 1846.Google Scholar
- Sombart, W., Modern Capitalism, Vol. III: Economic Life in the Age of High Capitalism, (1902), 31 ed., Munich 1928.Google Scholar
- Veit, O., Outline of Monetary Policy, Frankfurt a.M. 1961.Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.University of HamburgInstitute for International Trade, and Economic IntegrationHamburgGermany
- What is your financial goal for 2019
- Why do you have to practice scales
- Which careers do not involve office work?
- Did actors ever fart while filming
- Which countries make up Central America
- What makes you happiest
- Which breed do girls like the most?
- Should we be concerned about Russian programmers
- What is the code quality of YouTube
- When are actors paid
- Why does snow fall when it rains?
- Why do companies outsource technical support
- Why do Mexicans have so much money
- What does EE mean in shoe size
- What seafood is haram in Islam
- How safe is Faridabad for girls
- What is the brutal truth about philosophy
- Where is downtown Jakarta
- What is Outpatient Treatment for Eating Disorders
- What will the year 2100 be like?
- How to Find a Lost Wallet
- Difference Between Indian and American Lifestyle
- What makes the iPhone the best
- Life in the UK is easy