Which school has the brightest students?
Talent for the brightest
Headmaster of the "Talenta-Gymnasium" in Geseke, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, the first school in Germany that only accepts students with an IQ of at least 130.
? Her school will officially open on August 14th. What does the first day of school look like?
Our team of teachers, music and curative educators will design the rooms with our current 15 5th grade students. You can paint pictures, set up cabinets and shelves as you like. Then we will determine the rules of the game together with them. So far we don't have any house rules.
? How does your state-approved private school differ from conventional grammar schools?
In addition to English, we offer a second foreign language: Latin. Besides that, our students get more lessons, a total of 36 hours. Normal schools in North Rhine-Westphalia take a maximum of 30 hours. However, our children are more receptive. You have to ask for them more.
We also want to better promote the strengths of the individual. This means that certain students who "would otherwise be bored" can leave the class. The teacher gives them a specific task, for example to research a topic in the library. After a certain period of time, he or she has to present the result. Later on, we intend to break up the class in certain hours so that students of different ages who are similarly productive can learn across subjects.
? The GEW, but also numerous experts, demand that highly gifted people should deal with normal students in the classroom. Do you need a separate school for the brightest?
In a normal school, the teacher does not have time to look after the gifted. Most of them therefore have many problems: Many feel under-challenged, no longer participate in class, switch off. Often the frustration also manifests itself in aggression or depression. I believe that gifted people learn better among their own kind. Here you can rather set the pace. And here they experience their own limits much faster.
? Do you want to breed an elite?
No. We only help children develop their talents. Of course, to do this, for example, we channel them through school more quickly. But they should also weed and pottery in the school garden and experience in the nursing home
collect. We value the promotion of creativity and social learning.
? They charge 4,000 marks a month in tuition, including Internet accommodation. Who can pay for that?
We only have one self-payer. For the others, the youth welfare office pays the costs because our students had many problems in normal schools. For the youth welfare office there is usually only the alternative of transferring the children to a day care center. The day costs 230 marks.
Text. Eric Breitinger Photo: Private
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, every published article contains our work as an author, editor, technician or publisher. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- May senior couples love each other
- What are high paying HR jobs
- You can see mutual connections on LinkedIn
- How many years does the CA course last
- Invite married couples to invite other sex partners
- Can you become a billionaire in Canada?
- Why is corporate accounting a difficult topic
- Which nation has the least privacy?
- Why is Pad Thai red
- What constitutes true sexual attraction
- Prison Are there any last meals?
- Is it safe in San Diego?
- Where do locals eat in Barcelona
- How are India's relations with its neighbors
- Why is the IELTS exam required
- Why did you become a dual citizen?
- What is property and types of property
- Why is a summary difficult to understand
- Why introverts speak so little
- How to make Juicy Lucy Burger
- What is being monitored versus unsupervised learning
- How unemployed are engineers in India
- How thick is a big penis
- Does mobile payment really drive retailer sales?
- How long does smoke stay on clothing?
- When should you report a professor?
- Most Argentines are white
- What sucks about being a Christian in America
- You can pour concrete over broken concrete
- What is your favorite thing about people
- What does loneliness teach
- Which countries opposed American imperialism?
- What dirty things have you done
- What is your favorite Italian food 1