Does it bother you confrontation
Fear of confrontation? These 4 tips will help you in discussions and disputes
Whether it is about negotiating the salary with the boss, talking to your partner about the future together or asking a friend for a big favor: How often have you postponed a conversation because you did not dare to enter address a specific topic?
New York sex and relationship therapist Dr. Megan Fleming says it's completely normal to want to avoid conflicts like this. Disagreements can be difficult in principle and who would consciously expose themselves to an unpleasant situation if one could do the opposite?
“It's human nature that we don't want to feel uncomfortable. A lot of people also think they can brush the problem under the rug and then it just goes away, but deep down they know it can't, ”she explains. “Waxing is not always pleasant”.
According to Dr. Many Fleming thinks that confrontations can quickly lead to aggressive behavior - especially if the other person has a very different opinion than you. “If you imagine that the conversation could turn into an aggressive argument, then your body adjusts itself to defense and goes into a defensive stance, ”she explains. “We are then at a point where we can no longer really listen to what we are talking to. As a result, we are no longer able to understand what his motives are ”.
So that you don't get that far in the first place and you can go into the next confrontation with a good feeling, we have contacted Dr. Let Fleming give you a few tips and put them in a slideshow.
- France has traditional French clothing
- How much debt does Trump have
- Why are the Nordic countries so rich
- How do you rate the project hours
- What things are necessary in small houses
- What seems easy is very difficult
- Why is Egypt so overcrowded
- Why is it difficult to learn Chinese?
- What elements define a hero
- Where can I get a P2P loan?
- How dangerous is diving
- Why are anti-social people anti-social
- Why is Walmart so against union formation
- How many shows were produced in Japan
- What is the rating on a curve
- I made a mistake 1
- How and why does society change
- What is inflation in simple terms
- What is cultural ethnicity
- What do Americans think of Arabs?
- Are Indians racist
- What is direct and indirect subsidy
- What are the raiders in Fallout 4
- How can i get reliance jio sim