What is petrochemical
Petrochemicals, a branch of chemistry that deals with processes and procedures that make it possible, on the basis of natural gas or crude oil, to produce raw materials and intermediates for the manufacture of plastics, elastomers, fibers, detergents, dyes, textile auxiliaries and others. to obtain. The processes for the production of fuels, heating and lubricating oils are not included in the P. The most important starting products for P. are methane, ethene, propene, butenes, butadiene, BTX aromatics and occasionally ethyne, as it can also be used on a large scale for the production of aliphatic finished and intermediate products (acetylene chemistry) and below is also produced from natural gas or petroleum fractions. Until the end of the 1940s, the carbochemistry (coal chemistry) was decisive for the provision of intermediate products for the chem. Industry contributed. With the development of efficient petroleum processing, the importance of carbochemistry declined in the period that followed. Simultaneously with the provision of petrochem. Primary chemicals, especially the lower olefins and aromatics, a structural change within the chem. Industry. The majority of the aliphatic compounds produced today are derived from C2- to C4- made olefins; Ethene occupies a leading position and, along with sulfuric acid, chlorine and methanol, is one of the major products of chem. Industry.
At the moment, the provision of primary chemicals based on carbochemistry is still too expensive, so that no significant decrease in P. is to be expected for the time being.
In the Anglo-Saxon language area, P. is understood to mean rock chemistry.
Petrochemicals. Fig .: Production of basic chemicals from crude oil and coal.
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about business
- Why do people follow fashion
- How can I starve quickly
- The USA is looked down upon
- What lessons have books taught you
- Which is the best fish to eat
- Why are alcoholics thin
- What's your favorite neighborhood in Sacramento
- Are gangs a problem in Denver
- Is the Japanese culture a western culture
- What is Shakira famous for?
- Is an engineering degree a challenge?
- How do the Koreans see the Vietnamese
- Why is nationalism still here
- Which side of China is poor
- What is a Shop Act license
- What is traditional japanese sushi
- Why do I get disappointed very easily
- Why North Indians Eat So Much Paneer
- How was your experience on CAT day
- What shape do Turkish eyes have
- What makes a team dysfunctional and bad
- How would you improve an omelette recipe
- Taiwanese are afraid of the Chinese
- Why do Bangladeshis immigrate to India
- How is life in Belfast
- Why do Japanese like Filipina
- What are Chandler's best sarcastic comments
- What is the deadliest extreme sport
- Why is the far right so angry
- Are government agencies territorial
- Who are western Eurasians
- What kind of watches do rich people wear?
- How has traveling changed you