What was your favorite homemade Christmas present
Winter sugar, chocolate almonds and much more - Culinary Christmas gifts Bloggerwichteln 2015
Hello my dears,
be a child again. Set in a time when the elves were a "highlight" at Christmas time. When reaching into the bag, full of excitement and anticipation, finally brought clarity and I knew who of my friends I could give a small, personal but heartfelt surprise to. Those were great times, weren't they?
As it is well known that love, joy and passion go through the stomach, our dearest Sarah from Das Knusperstübchen has started a glorious blogger elf campaign. By the way, on their blog you can find a nice summary of all the hard-working gnomes and their surprise packages. So be sure to stop by, click through the blogs and quickly get some sugar-sweet, homemade DIY Christmas gift ideas.
Now I do not want to keep you tortured and immediately reveal if I was allowed to play "Wichtel" and what I have come up with delicious in this regard. ** Christmas drum roll ** - my Secret Santa present went to my dear Sarah from Das Knusperstübchen. Man, what a joy it was when I found out that I was allowed to send her a small, loving package with various Christmas delicacies. The agony of choice! Nevertheless, I quickly came to the conclusion that sinful chocolate almonds, a freshly cooked mulled wine syrup and universal winter sugar will make every sweet tooth beat faster.
But I was also able to look forward to a sugar-sweet, Christmas elf package from dear Anne from the blog Chèvre Culinaire. Ohhh man, how excited I was when the postman finally rang the bell and handed me my package. I would have liked to have ripped it out of his hand, but reason prevailed. Anne surprised me with a delicious baked apple jam, crispy roasted gingerbread almonds and very fine speculoos apple rings in chocolate. And get pleasure? Then stopped by dear Anne, there you will find all the recipes and you can get started right away.
By the way, here you will find an overview of all blogger gnomes' links, hurry over to them all, secure the recipes, because Christmas is just around the corner!
- Break open the cardamom pods. Put water, red wine, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and star anise in a saucepan and bring to the boil once. Wash an orange, cut it into slices and add it to the red wine, leave the brew to steep on the lowest setting (with the lid closed) for about 20-30 minutes. Pour mulled wine through a fine sieve, catch the juice and pour it back into the pot. Add the pulp of the vanilla pod, the juice of two oranges and the sugar, reduce to a syrupy level over high heat (approx. 30-45 minutes). Fill the syrup into clean glass bottles while it is still hot.
- The syrup is ideal for flavoring tea or for refining Prosecco or sparkling wine. It also tastes very delicious in mineral water or as a "sauce" over vanilla ice cream.
- For the homemade gingerbread spice, mix all the spices in a bowl. Weigh out 15 g of this and mix with 200 g of sugar.
- Winter sugar is used, for example, in waffles, on pancakes, in tea or mulled wine, on rice pudding, in or on the cake.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, dust with 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and roast in a hot oven (fan oven 170 ° C) for about 10-15 minutes. (The almonds should not burn otherwise they will be bitter, so always keep an eye on). Take the almonds out of the oven and let cool down completely.
- Currently chop the chocolate and melt it together with the cinnamon over a warm water bath. Add the almonds and mix until the mandrels are completely covered with chocolate.
- Put the sifted powdered sugar and 1 packet of vanilla sugar in a bowl (bowl with lid). Add the chocolate almonds, close the lid tightly and shake well. The almonds should be completely coated with powdered sugar. Place on a baking tray and allow to dry completely. Well sealed in a jar, the almonds will keep fresh for several days.
- How do market research companies make money
- When is hurricane season in Hawaii
- How do I make money with Instagram
- Why does a yeast infection itch
- Does social media affect family relationships?
- What are Adobe Dreamweaver's competitors
- How is the automotive market doing
- Which is the famous sweetness in Bangalore
- Are katanas that bad
- What makes us more human
- Why is the Chinese government so protectionist
- Why is there labor law
- Is the Chinese Communist Party's CCP trusted?
- What condemned to be a blockbuster
- Would you accept a co-founder
- Is considered middle class
- Which pitch is the hardest to catch
- Did you touch another man's penis?
- How do I create a DJ mix
- Is China a threat to world peace?
- Why hasn't the Canadian real estate market collapsed yet?
- What is life like in the cement industry
- What are the top 10 fighter jets
- Jimin BTS has astigmatism
- What is a medium-sized car
- Why do we wake up every day
- How can I become a computer expert
- In which department do undercover cops work
- What's the best location sharing app
- What are black Americans tired of hearing
- Should we give more to charity
- Where does Jungkook live