What is the tastiest salmon
The salmon is the favorite fish of the Germans. No restaurant without salmon fillet, no breakfast buffet without smoked salmon. There is still a touch of luxury to the fish, although it has long been a mass-produced industrial product. Even Tim Raue recently put it back on the menu of his two-star restaurant in Berlin. Not smoked, but confined in orange oil for 8 minutes at 55 degrees. "Incredibly tender and breathy," raves the celebrity chef about the fish star.
But is smoked salmon from the supermarket up to the high demands of the rough? His conclusion after an hour of intensive tasting: You can't tell good smoked salmon by the price, the organic seal or the packaging. Most products are good enough for the buffet. Only the alleged delicacy of wild salmon falls categorically through: lousy aroma, nasty texture - and that at high prices. This is only partly due to the processing: Sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka), also known as sockeye, is usually sold as wild salmon. It belongs to a completely different genus than the much greasier and more pleasant-tasting Salmon Salar, which is no longer common in the wild, but is easy to breed.
There were positive surprises among the farmed salmon products: Raue found two varieties to be downright perfect: They incorporated "the velvety-silky structure of the salmon, its rich fat and the fine fish aroma perfectly with the spice and nuttiness of a hint of smoked aroma". According to Raue, there is only one thing that needs to be observed urgently: Before such a fish is on the table, it should be left to air out in the refrigerator for one to two hours on a piece of greaseproof paper or a plate. "This is the only way to bring out its aroma."
When the fish is ready, Raue advises the motto "less is more": "A slice of sourdough bread, cut as thick as a finger, toasted on both sides and smeared with butter. Top with the smoked salmon. Perhaps with a little lemon zest and a little crème fraîche. Done . "
- How many motorcycles are there in Indonesia
- How are Indian immigrants treated in Germany
- Are movies in 1080p
- How does Walmart cash handwritten checks
- Who can defeat Franklin Richards
- Is there a recession
- How does a motorcycle work
- Can suffering improve people
- How to set up Project Management Office
- Why does competition make us better
- Why do children seem older these days
- Why are people still obsessed with Trump
- How do I get small export orders
- Can LGBT people be conservatives themselves
- How can someone with power become corrupt
- Have you ever experienced racism in China?
- What's your favorite food in Ethiopia
- What did King Solomon look like?
- Why is Moses still important today
- Which train has few passengers?
- Who are 5 Indian astronauts
- What are your achievements
- How is cgpa calculated at SVNIT
- Usually finish what you begin
- BTS members are not yet allowed
- Which are the worst cities in India
- Surya Namaskar contains all of the Yogas benefits
- Why is Ph so popular
- Which countries are in the Asian region
- A BSCS is good in Pakistan these days
- Why should you join a startup?
- How do you impress a French girl
- What is the local currency of Kyrgyzstan
- Is Saudi Arabia considered a developed nation