Should I wash my penis after masturbation?
Paraphimosis (Spanish collar): Pinching of the retracted foreskin behind the glans in the so-called glans rim. The glans swell due to the congestion of blood and inflowing tissue water, turns blue and is very painful. Causes are the foreskin being pushed back in phimosis or the improper placement of an indwelling catheter if the foreskin has not been pulled back.
Paraphimosis is a urological emergency; if therapy is delayed, the glans penis may die. For treatment, the doctor carefully pushes the foreskin back manually after numbing the penile nerves. If this does not succeed, the foreskin must be incised.
- Very painful swelling of the glans
- Bluish discoloration
- Visible ring under the glans.
When to the doctor
Immediately (to the clinic at night and on weekends), if
- the foreskin is painfully pinched under the coronal furrow of the glans and can no longer be pulled back. On the way there, the glans should be carefully cooled.
Paraphimosis occurs when the tight foreskin is forcibly pulled back and becomes trapped in the glans furrow, which results in impaired blood flow. The glans and the pinched foreskin swell strongly, and edema (water retention in the tissue) forms, which is extremely painful and makes it increasingly impossible to pull the foreskin back. If left untreated, paraphimosis threatens to cut off the blood supply, which leads to the death of the glans.
- Forced retraction of the foreskin in phimosis
- Forgotten repositioning of the foreskin after inserting a urinary catheter
- Masturbation, sexual intercourse (e.g. due to a relative narrowing of the foreskin when the limb swells during erection).
The doctor recognizes the paraphimosis by the ring in the glans furrow, which is caused by the pinched foreskin. There is also swelling, redness, and pain.
Solving a paraphimosis is very painful, so the doctor first numbs the nerve at the base of the penis by injecting a local anesthetic. Sometimes those affected are also sedated with a sedative or even given a short anesthetic.
The doctor will then "squeeze" the edema of the foreskin for a few minutes, then move the glans back and the foreskin forward. In most cases, this enables the foreskin to be repositioned.
In severe cases, manual squeezing is not enough and the doctor has to make an incision in the foreskin, this is called a dorsal incision. Depending on the findings, he may also recommend circumcision to avoid a new paraphimosis.
If you intervene quickly, no damage is left behind. If the phimosis is not treated or treated late, there is a risk of inflammation and tissue death.
Your pharmacy recommends
- If you have paraphimosis, see your doctor immediately. Shame or embarrassment can cost the glans.
- Never forcefully pull back a foreskin that is too tight! Before puberty in particular, it is sufficient to wash the outside of the penis. Adhesion of the foreskin sheets is physiological and usually dissolves by puberty (see phimosis).
- If the (loose) foreskin is pushed back over the glans when washing, care must be taken to ensure that it returns to its normal position afterwards.
AuthorsDr. med. Martina Sticker, Dr. med. Arne Schäffler in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). Revision and update: Dr. med. Sonja Kempinski | last changed on at 09:29
- Why do the French hate Paris
- The wind of men smells worse than that of women
- What enemies did King David have?
- Do you have sex in the morning
- What is the 6th generation of computers
- How do I start a crowdfunding business
- Which is the 27th state of India
- Where can I get women in Hyderabad
- Where can I download a free database
- How much do travel agents earn
- Did you help a stranger with money?
- New Zealand citizens feel safe
- Which US state has the smartest population
- Christianity came before Islam
- What are some typical foods from Canada
- Are INTPs really just sociopaths
- Can someone have NPD and bipolar
- Why do I seem to attract Aquarius
- What does the Telugu word Anta mean
- Are neglected children aware of neglect?
- Are there support groups for narcissistic victims?
- Can control helicopter pitch or roll
- What is human resource management in BPO
- How Much Do Dermatologists Make In India