What is acacia wood
Acacia: type of wood?
What is acacia wood? The acacia or the acacia tree belongs to the mimosa family and is native to Australia, Europe, America and Africa.
Acacia wood is one of the most robust types of wood in the world and is extremely resistant. Because of these and other positive properties, acacia wood is particularly popular for the production of a wide variety of products Pieces of furniture used.
There are more than a thousand different subspecies of the acacia. Acacia wood therefore appears in the different colors. Acacias have an irregular wood pattern. Acacia is rarely a tree, but rather shrubs, which can also be covered with thorns.
Acacia wood properties
In terms of wood hardness, the acacia is way ahead. However, acacia wood is extremely hard but at the same time exceptionally flexible. This is why it warps less than other types of wood and has hardly any tendency to crack. It is also considered a very durable. Fungi and insects don't stand a chance either, which is why the wood can also be used outdoors. In its density, acacia wood even surpasses the ever popular oak. Untreated acacia wood lasts up to 40 years, while with good care and the right glaze it can be used for much longer. Like the acacia weatherproof acacia wood is also weatherproof.
The acacia wood advantages at a glance
- extreme robust and resilient
- very durable
- particularly flexible and elastic
- weatherproof and immune to fungi and insects
- noble optics
Acacia wood care
There are a few here so that you can enjoy acacia wood furniture for a long time Tips for caring for acacia furniturerelated to the acacia properties:
- Maintain acacia wood with damp cloth
- Do not pour running water over acacia furniture
- no place hot or wet objects
- Not Place next to heater or stove
Use of acacia wood
As with all types of wood Properties and use closely linked. While acacia wood was used to build ships or bridges in the past, today it is used to make solid acacia furniture. However, acacia wood is difficult to work with filigree, due to the extreme hardness of the wood. That's why acacia furniture has one straightforward and no-frills style. The wood feels nice and can be used for acacia wood furniture either smooth or structured be processed.
What goes with acacia
In principle, the same color tones always match with types of wood. However, you can also strong contrasts Combine dark and light wood beautifully, actually there are hardly any limits nowadays. It should be noted, however, that you should not mix styles completely or not at allt should always be the motto.
Robinia wood - the wrong acacia
The common robinia also bears the nickname false acacia or pseudo acacia. Although the robinia also belongs to the mimosa family, it is not particularly closely related to the real acacia and is a hardwood. However, the robinia wood is often associated with the name acacia. Robinia wood is usually also sold as a building material under the name acacia wood, which is why you should buy furniture before you buy it should go safewhether you end up buying locust wood or acacia wood. Wood for furniture offers both the false and the real acacia. By the way: the silver acacia is also called false mimosa or false yellow mimosa.
You can find our acacia wooden beds here. You can also find more interesting information about other types of wood in our lexicon.
- What should tourists avoid in Indonesia
- Why does my dog lick my cat
- How is the environment changing?
- How does Tesla recruit its interns
- What are outsourcing services similar to TaskRabbit
- Has racism ever helped black people
- A US passport has 10 numbers
- Are all canned food cooked
- Did you breastfeed your husband or boyfriend
- What are Indian teenagers obsessed with?
- What are some cool things about India
- Can people control another person's brain?
- Why is Harley Quinn so popular
- 12 years experience salary India IT
- What will you never know about yourself
- Where can I get a P2P loan?
- How is Thermocol not biodegradable
- What is meant by competitive analysis
- How old is your cellphone
- Can you be brutally honest about something
- What is the average salary in Slovakia?
- What are your milestones
- What is the best global economic system
- How can you find a good wife
- How is the system against single mothers?
- Which cooking method is the least healthy?
- There is a death penalty in Singapore
- Cap and Trade Explain the concept of carbon credits
- The postman's job is difficult
- Why am i so miserable
- How many Japanese soldiers died in China
- When should a teenager get a smartphone?
- How are hurricanes measured