What are some good comic novels
sofatutor magazine parents
Some parents would like their children to read more. So it's a blessing that little reading grudges often feel appealed to by comic novels. Or is it not?
It trains spelling and language comprehension, stimulates the imagination, promotes the acquisition of knowledge and the ability to think - reading. In addition, researchers have found that reading at least 30 minutes a week makes you satisfied. But is that all given when children and young people only read speech bubbles and otherwise only look at the large pictures on the book pages?
Even those who don't read are turning to comic novels
Some think that the so-called graphic novels, i.e. comics in book form, are not real novels. And anyway, consuming cartoons couldn't be called reading - after all, only a few speech balloons and colorful onomatopoeia would be read. But most educators are in favor of this development in the field of literature, i.e. the trend towards the new genre of the comic novel. Not least because many children and young people - even those who don't really like to read - feel addressed by the graphic novels. And so the market is booming, especially in the field of children's and youth literature. Are pioneers of graphic novels for children and young people Greg's diaries by US author Jeff Kinney - now sold millions of times. Not only are new stories packaged in the popular book format, but old children's book classics are also processed into comic novels. The graphic novel was originally developed for adults.
Book is book
In whatever form, children learn from and through stories. Studying a cartoon or graphic novel, just like reading a classic novel, requires concentration. The stories want to be opened up, the world explored. The genre of the comic novel is thus an enrichment. In times of the Internet, in which the quick capture of image and text combinations is part of everyday life, the comic novels and cartoons are integrated into this viewing habit of children and young people. And at the same time they ensure that more children and young people pick up books.
Read more with graphic novels
Here are a few tips on how parents can get their child excited about reading with the help of graphic novels.
- Let yourself choose. A trip to the library or bookstore can work wonders. Parents should offer their children book offers here, but let them choose for themselves.
- Motivate series. The nice thing about comic novels is that they are often multi-part, e.g. B. Greg's diaries. Once the child has discovered a series of books for themselves, they will continue to read voluntarily.
- Promote reading rituals. In order for children to read regularly, it should be integrated into everyday life with the help of reading rituals. So parents and children z. B. Read together before going to bed - either read aloud or everyone reads for himself.
Do you have any other tips on how to use comic novels to introduce children to reading? Then write us a comment.
These articles might also interest you:
Cover picture: © SunKids / shutterstock.com
What to do now ...
- Motivation in learning is the key to your child's learning success. Get the Motivation tips from teacher Giulianoin this video.
- Go on Journey of discovery and take a look at what sofatutor has to offer for you and your child.
- To convince Yourself and test sofatutor 30 days long free.
More related articles
sofatutor: Prizes and awards for Germany's most extensive learning platform
Those who learn while having fun learn successfully. According to this motto, the online learning platform sofatutor has been supporting schoolchildren in their learning goals since 2009 and has already received a number of prizes for this. Every child is different - and every child learns differently. While some acquire new school material primarily with the help of vivid stories, other pupils achieve [...]
sofatutor costs: With this money you invest in better grades
With the online learning platform sofatutor, your child learns with motivation and success - and you save money and time and spare your nerves. Tuition is expensive. According to a study by the Bertelsmann Foundation, parents in Germany spend around EUR 87 on tutoring every month. Most often, students need [...]
This is how crisis-proof tuition at the Studienkreis works
With 125,000 pupils sponsored annually, the study group is one of the largest tutoring providers in Europe. For us, too, the Corona crisis is a huge challenge that has set a lot in motion in a short period of time. Read how the study group helps its students to keep up with the school and how it works for families [...]
sofatutor experiences: That's why the learning platform is worthwhile
With the online learning platform sofatutor, schoolchildren from year one to high school can repeat or deepen school material independently and at their own pace. 82 percent of the students have had positive experiences with sofatutor and have improved their grades. What does sofatutor offer? All content at a glance The online learning platform offers content for all school subjects [...]
Canceling sofatutor: 10 reasons why you should keep your subscription
Your child has already learned with sofatutor's videos and interactive exercises. Are you still thinking about canceling your sofatutor subscription? With these ten tips, you not only save valuable time and money, but also verifiably support your child in learning successfully. What is sofatutor? With the award-winning, digital learning platform sofatutor, schoolchildren of all [...]
12 relaxation exercises for children - from A for breathing technique to Y for yoga video
The schools are closed and your child has to struggle through the subject matter alone. That creates stress! With our exercises and the four free instruction videos, your child will find peace before, during or after learning. What do you want to know? Why is relaxation important for children? How do I know if my child needs relaxation? What […]
Homeschooling and Corona: This is how learning works at home
School dropout or quarantine: If children cannot go to school, lessons must be continued at home. Read here how successful homeschooling works in times of Corona and how you can motivate your child to learn. What does homeschooling mean - and why we currently have no homeschooling at all Since the first lockdown in March, everyone has known [...]
Corporate benefit: More time for the beautiful things of everyday life - thanks to sofatutor
Independent learning at home has never been so important. So that working parents can easily combine homeschooling and home office, many employers decide to make sofatutor available to their employees. How is sofatutor suitable for learning at home? This is what parents say about learning with sofatutor Good reasons: Why parents love sofatutor sofatutor [...]
Montessori schools - "Aren't they just dreaming?"
Individual learning at your own pace - this is what more and more parents want for their children. That is why Montessori schools are all the rage. Here you can find out everything you need to know about the alternative form of school. What would you like to know about Montessori pedagogy? Montessori pedagogy: the most important points in brief How did Montessori pedagogy come about? On which philosophy is the [...]
- What makes fish smell like fish
- Should Vietnam change its flag
- Must builders pay taxes
- Do you like living in Hong Kong?
- What are the advantages of a language
- How old is your cellphone
- How's a bad sour trip
- What is the best remedy for jaundice
- Financial problems affect students' academic performance
- How is Zimbabwe doing
- Blowjob is safe
- Why don't recruiters care about contractors
- Is Allah more than an imagination
- Which company has a high salary in Indonesia?
- What are the swords that are used in fencing
- Eat kaengurus meat
- What gives a company value
- Which culture actually invented the sandwich?
- Can a Malay girl marry a Tamil boy?
- Is it dangerous to sleep under a fitted sheet?
- Are there complications after Lasik
- What is political populism
- What is meant by competitive analysis
- How can I get a government license
- Why do people care about their future
- How can I get some cleaning towels
- Why is construction booming right now?
- Why don't children support their parents?
- How do I get to the construction
- Can Drogon survive if Dany dies
- What is the best Italian breakfast
- How did antidepressants destroy your life
- Why are Israelis so attractive
- How do I make real friends