Why am I always morose
Meryl Streep: "I'm pretty grumpy, just ask my husband"
contentRead on one side
ZEIT ONLINE: Mrs. Streep, why have we been seeing you in so many comedies lately. Have you discovered your funny side?
Meryl Streep: Oh, I've actually always acted in all kinds of films. But unfortunately it is usually the case that the general perception is more likely to be nailed to what you always did at the beginning. For me these are dramas. That doesn't mean much, however. My most recent films show that too.
ZEIT ONLINE: Everything you take in hand, you will succeed with absolute perfection. What's your secret?
Streep: My mom just raised me well! To be honest, all the superlatives with which I am often described have no private meaning for me. I am very aware of my own flaws and flaws, as a mother, wife and actress! In my acting in particular, it is human fragility that interests me most. I am looking for what is just not perfect.
ZEIT ONLINE: How do you manage the balancing act between a career woman and a caring mother?
Streep: First of all, I owe a lot to my great husband. I found this safe haven many years ago, over three decades ago! So in that regard, I'm very lucky. As for the rest? You need a lot of perseverance and organizational talent. My life consists to a large extent of planning, planning and planning again.Newsletter
SIGN UP HERE FOR FREE
Be there live online when our podcasts are created and meet your favorite hosts at the first ZEIT ONLINE podcast festival on Sunday, June 20, 2021.
With your registration you take note of the data protection regulations.
Many Thanks! We have sent you an email.
ZEIT ONLINE: What makes you happy
Streep: At some point you notice that real feelings of happiness are usually aroused by the simplest things: love, sex and food come to mind! Much else - power, influence, strength - often makes you feel more important, but that's not the case.
ZEIT ONLINE: For many people you represent style and glamor, but Hollywood seems to leave you indifferent.
Streep: I don't even live there yet.
- How intelligent is a house cat
- What is holding back Indian engineers
- Singapore has friendly neighbors
- Is Apple's MacBook Air worth buying
- What are the best Pakistani street foods
- What is the average salary in america
- What is a livable city
- Why are most Indian actors white
- What do most Americans look like
- What's your worst hurricane experience
- There is a death penalty in Singapore
- What is defined stress
- Why is vodka so popular in Russia
- What is the dress code for girls
- Will science and religion ever meet
- Is fruit bread healthy for our body
- Is there an absolute truth
- What do the Italians think of Indians
- How do talent agency fees work
- What salary does L T
- Which countries do not issue tourist visas?
- What is used to create wealth
- Why was Ethiopia so important to Italy
- What are the influences of strange things
- How much are bricklayers paid per week
- Why do cats purr and knead
- How do you rate the CGI Group
- Who do you consider family
- How do I avoid hiring bad people
- What is the difference between stereo and surround sound
- Who is a BIM architect
- What are quaternions 1
- What is a wax warmer
- Are air fresheners bad for the lungs?