How is the night life in Singapore
Going out in Singapore
Anyone who claims that New York is the city that never sleeps has probably never been to Singapore: The Asian city-state has long since had more to offer than dim seafaring booths and red light districts. Although they haven't really disappeared to this day, especially in the Orchard Towers and in the east of the city you will find a multitude of bars and clubs with a clear message. However, it would be wrong to reduce Singapore to this: in practically every district you can turn night into day. However, the size of the wallet plays a not inconsiderable role - Singapore is the most expensive place in Southeast Asia after Brunei.
The most expensive (and hippest) clubs and restaurants can of course be found near the water, i.e. in the Colonial District or on the quays. More touristy, cheaper and much more diverse is Orchard Road, which transforms from a shopping mecca to a clubbing mecca after sunset. You can only go out much cheaper in Little India, where backpackers can also find affordable restaurants and bars not far from their hostels. By the way: South of Chinatown and the Central Business District is the so-called “Pink Triangle”, the party mile especially for gays. However, homosexuality is officially banned in Singapore and is only tolerated in nightlife.
Going out in Singapore © iStockphoto / warrengoldswain
When it comes to nightlife, the city fathers, who are otherwise so crazy about regulation, are milder: bars and clubs usually open around 5 p.m. and often don't close before morning - there is no curfew.
- How to Make Ezekiel Bread
- Why do Filipino people have bad teeth
- Is crypto currency better than cash
- How often do you outsource your work
- What can you say about good governance
- Which countries do not have fluorinated water?
- What is the best salad recipe
- Are guidelines law
- China uses child labor
- Why do people point their fingers
- When did Germany become Europe's largest economy?
- How do you study entrepreneurship
- What kind of 401k thing is that
- Can someone buy the White House?
- What does a 60th birthday really mean?
- Why are teachers exempt from overtime
- What is a second year
- How can I regain my backbone posture
- Which countries make up Central America
- High school is like middle school
- What can you write a book about?
- Are architects familiar with project management methods
- What's your favorite thing about your SO
- How does a memory card store data