Have members of Capitol Hill bodyguards
Trump could be ousted from office before January 20th
Ordinarily, the incumbent president attends the inauguration of his successor from the official gallery on Washington's Capitol Hill. But what is common in Donald Trump's era? After the shocking events on Wednesday, when right-wing extremists stormed the US Capitol, there is open discussion in the capital about the impeachment of Trump before Joe Biden's inauguration on January 20th.
According to information from the US broadcasters CNN, CBS and ABC, these considerations by some ministers are said to have been based on an amendment to the US constitution, which basically allows the cabinet to disempower the president.
In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence, the Democrats in the House of Representatives also demanded the premature disempowerment of Trump by their own government. The elected president had incited a riot and "tried to undermine our democracy," wrote the democratic members of the judiciary. Trump is "mentally not healthy" and unable to "process and accept" the election result. CNN also quoted anonymous Republican leaders as saying Trump was "out of control".
How could a dismissal of Trump work in practice?
On the one hand, through the impeachment process, as Donald Trump experienced last year. The US Constitution also offers a second way for such a - previously unthinkable - case: the 25th amendment to the constitution. Adopted in 1967 after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, it specifically means that Vice President Pence and a majority of the cabinet can remove the president if he is physically or mentally "unable" to fill his office and does not resign voluntarily.
In that case, pence would be US President until January 20th. Trump could then insist that he is very willing and able to continue in office. In this case, Congress would have to vote on a continuation or the end of the Trump era - but the Democratic majority in the House of Representatives could postpone this vote until January 20, and Pence would remain president for that long.
Because on January 20th, that much is certain, the Trump era will definitely end. (flon, 7.1.2021)
- Like white men, Hispanic girls
- Is Botswana a better country than Brazil
- When did the Japanese invade Singapore?
- Why do some people rule others
- What is Pier Civil Engineering
- Which Scandinavians call their country Sverige
- Why do batters take first place
- What's the worst poem ever written
- Where do the modern Irish come from
- Why are rabbits nocturnal animals
- What are the different types of rails
- Why do I yawn excessively
- How does machine translation work?
- What is brunch in the kitchen
- What is the best smelling soap
- Why is it worth waiting for marriage
- Who are 5 Indian astronauts
- Is Australia a Muslim-friendly country
- Why are some people born with defects?
- Should I invest in overseas mutual funds?
- How do I register my shop online
- How and why does society change
- Is high school important
- What do accountants 2