What are some opinions on fashion
Fashion: a topic that is a topic of conversation - not just for those who consider themselves fashion-conscious. Everyone has an opinion about the clothing style of other people. The German proverb “Clothes make the man” expresses that clothes are often the first impression we have of people. It makes people appear likable or unsympathetic, serious or unconventional. And then there are the fashion sins - especially Germans are said to be one or the other ...
Here's how you can do it:
At the beginning of the lesson, listen to the audio sequence together Socks in sandals - yes please! at. An alleged fashion sin of the Germans is discussed here. How do the participants see it: What is typical German clothing style? What do the participants perceive to be fashionable? Discuss the two questions in plenary. If necessary, fix some aids on the board as follows:
- Typical German fashion is ...
- Germans like to wear ...
Alternatively, you can create an associogram on the board: write the word -e fashion, -n in the center of the board and ask class members to write down any words or phrases they can think of about the topic. Then ask the students to present to the plenary which clothes they prefer to wear and which clothes are typical in their home country.
Then split the worksheet Clothes make the man out. Working in pairs, the participants should choose 2 people on the worksheet and describe their clothing. In a second step, you should above all express your own opinion about the dress style described.
Partner 1 chooses any other person from the course and describes their clothing to his partner, but does not give the name of the chosen person.
If necessary, write expressions on the board:
- Today he / she wears ... ... blue jeans.
- He / she also wears ... ... a black sweater.
Partner 2 tries to guess the named person. Then the participants change roles.
- Audio episode “Socks in Sandals? - Yes, please!"
- Worksheet "Clothes make the man"
- Blackboard / whiteboard or similar
The formats in brief:
The telenovela Jojo seeks happiness offers a total of three seasons with 33 exciting episodes each. In the first season, the Brazilian Jojo comes to her new hometown of Cologne. She wants to study art, but has also fallen in love: with someone she has never seen. Will she meet him?
With the format Top topic your participants can find out about new things from all over the world and expand their vocabulary at the same time. Easily understandable reports with vocabulary information and questions about the text are published twice a week. The topics range from politics and culture to science and economics. Slowly spoken audio is also available for download to improve listening skills.
- Which smartphones are made in the USA
- Why is Ivanka Trump Jewish
- What is Canadian Etiquette at Work
- What is the current dividend distribution tax
- Why are people obsessed with Trump
- Is a sequel to Mary Poppins really necessary
- How would you describe the South African cuisine
- Life was easier for the previous generation
- Why shouldn't women serve in the military?
- How am I supposed to learn old Chinese
- How do I teach below average students
- Melatonin changes your sleeping habits
- Why do we need childcare software
- Why is order and discipline so important
- What are some examples of bullets
- How is the system against single mothers?
- Are you fine with arranged marriages
- Millionaires drive their own cars
- What is your favorite book series
- Is AI really smart
- What are good books about career changes
- What causes water bubbles on my breasts
- Who is an ideal teacher
- How does money divide people