What is RFP, RFQ and RFI
RFI - Request for Information
Definition of RFI - Request for Information
The SoftSelect glossary / lexicon answers your questions about terms and abbreviations from the fields of the IT software and high-tech industry briefly and concisely.
Definition and explanation of RFI - Request for Information:
The request for information is part of the pre-selection of potential software manufacturers and solutions. Companies ask software providers for information on prices and services without obligation. The term Request for information (RFI) comes from the field of e-business and describes a process from the Software tender of companies. This whole process, including the general preselection, is often called a request for information.
Request for Information - pre-selection for market exploration
The RFI is right to begin with general request to the various providers and manufacturers of software and is primarily used to get an initial overview of the offers on the software market. The client can now use this information to identify the group of potential providers from the "Longlist"And decide which one can best meet his requirements and put it in the shortlist ("Shortlist") reach.
RFI example - possible inquiries:
- General key figures of the software provider
- Service portfolio or customer structure
- Market positioning and industry coverage
- Technical approaches and proposed solutions
Request for proposal as a specific request
In addition to the RFI, there is the Request for Proposal (RFP) in software selection and software procurement. After you have got a rough overview of the prices and services for general products from different providers, you ask for more detailed information about possible software solutions with the Request for Proposal. In contrast to the RFI, the RFP consists of binding offers and should only be requested from those providers who can realistically be considered.
Tips for software selection, as well as information on software advice and software introduction under the following link:
More information on abbreviations, definitions and questions in the IT sector
Here you will find further explanations and information from our experts on the definition of the term: What is RFI - Request for Information?
- Could we live in a black hole?
- Stretching increases the size of the body
- Could the American Revolution have been avoided
- How dangerous are motorcycles
- Why is the currency value falling continuously?
- Why is divorce difficult for children
- Has someone reborn a dog or a cat?
- What are the famous biotechnology websites
- Are the people on Quora real
- Is Charlotte North Carolina dangerous
- How many extreme sports have you done
- Why are speeches so important
- How much should you save each month
- Is Latvia rich or poor
- How are football players paid
- When do fuel prices rise
- Has social media crashed today
- What do Mongols think of Asians
- Why are some people born intersex
- How do I hand over the edTPA
- What are the best companies to recruit newbies to mech
- Which degrees pay very good salaries
- Are smart people better at saving money
- Would dogs eat their dead owners?
- Which is the best rest in Bali
- Are the cops overpaid?
- How do I apply window stickers
- How much is a 29ct diamond worth
- What should I bring to Medellin Colombia
- Is gambling a bad thing?
- What are signs of sexual abuse
- Why was the American Revolution fought