What's the best donut
The American yeast dough rings are not only delicious, they are also a real eye-catcher. With our recipe you can make donuts yourself without a donut maker and the like!
Homemade donuts are a lot of fun: Starting with the preparation, especially the decoration, through to nibbling, of course. With our donuts recipe with yeast, you no longer have to buy the delicious, colorful donuts, but can bake your very own favorite variety.
Originally, donuts, like cookies or cupcakes, are mainly known from America. Or as Homer Simpson's favorite dish 😉. In the meantime, however, they can also be bought almost everywhere in this country. Making donuts yourself is nicer for several reasons: First, because, as already mentioned, it is really a good mood recipe (also great for baking with children or as a carnival snack). And secondly, your lard biscuits will be really individual. Perhaps you have already seen special devices in which you can bake the donuts. A Original donut recipe But it is only if you prepare the donuts without a donut maker. Because while batter is more used for the latter (such as my healthy, vegan and sugar-free donuts), with which the result tastes a bit like waffles, the classic is made from yeast dough. And then it is fried - be it in a saucepan or in the deep fryer.
The best thing about the donut recipe is by far the decoration. You should plan a little time for this. But your children (grandchildren, nephews, neighbors 😉 will love you 😉! For the decoration, I bought everything from our partner ALDI SÜD's bakery range - chocolate drops, sugar sprinkles, food coloring, rasps and more
This is how you can decorate the yeast donuts
The easiest way to decorate donuts is with a finished glaze or classic icing. Here I like to use milk instead of water or lemon juice, as the glaze then "covers" better. My favorite is the biscuit topping 😉 Jan gets up Chocolate iced donuts. And our little ones are enthusiastic about the red or blue marbled donuts with colorful sugar decorations.
Here are a few more tips so that you are guaranteed to succeed in making the delicious American donuts yourself:
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
How to cut donuts?
You don't need a baking pan or a donut maker for this recipe. A special donut cutter makes it easier; a glass and a mini cookie cutter for the hole in the middle do the same.
Can you make donuts in the oven?
Basically yes (see these mini donuts). The typical donut taste and consistency are only created during deep-frying.
How do you glaze donuts?
Put the glaze or couverture in portions in a rather small bowl. Carefully hold the bottom of the donuts and dip the donuts halfway in. Drain and turn over. Alternatively, cover with a brush.
Can donuts freeze?
The yeast pastries taste best when they are fresh. But they can also be frozen well - either decorated or "pure".
Well, how about it - isn't Mardi Gras the perfect occasion to try yeast donuts? They are a wonderful addition to my confetti cake, the Americans, the quark balls or donuts. And of course the healthy variant without sugar, eggs, butter and deep-frying.
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2020 and last updated in 2021.
For the yeast dough
- 500 grams of flour
- 200MilliliterMilk blue warm
- 30 grams of fresh yeast or 1.5 packs of dry yeast
- 80 grams of sugar
- 90 grams butter, very soft
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 medium-sized egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble the yeast in half of the lukewarm milk. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and stir until the yeast has dissolved.
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the lukewarm yeast-milk mixture and mix with a little flour from the edge. Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar, remaining lukewarm milk, softened butter, eggs and salt, mix and knead for around 5 minutes to form a rather soft dough. Cover and let rise again in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough about 1 cm thick on a lightly floured work surface. Use a large round cookie cutter (e.g. glass) or a donut cutter to cut out circles, making a small hole in the middle. Cover the donuts with a gap between them and let rise for 30-60 minutes on two baking sheets lined with baking paper (see tip).
- Heat 1-2 liters of frying fat or oil in a rather high saucepan (to approx. 160 degrees). Carefully add 2 to 3 at a time and fry for 1-2 minutes, then turn, continue frying, remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Decorate the cooled donuts as you like (see tips). They taste best fresh, but can also be frozen well.
- There is the following trick to put the raw dough pieces in the fat without them losing their shape: Let each donut rise on a small, cut piece of baking paper. Place the paper in the hot fat, then pull the paper out with grill tongs or the like.
- For glazing, e.g. lemon icing sugar icing (made from 250g sifted icing sugar and some juice or milk), which can also be colored well, as well as melted light and dark couverture. For decorating, for example, use colorful sprinkles of sugar, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, crumbled biscuits or similar.
Note: This article is a sponsored post in cooperation with ALDI SÜD (what does that mean?). It also contains affiliate links (what does that mean?).
- What is the chinese word for mafia
- Chinese people want to learn western manners
- What are the tips in options trading
- Are Russian women okay with racial mixtures?
- How do I prepare for UPSC
- How can risks be dealt with?
- How were medieval servants treated
- What power do Zionists have in the world economy?
- How do you seal untreated wood
- What screams i'm old
- Does a man love to be sucked?
- How does inflation affect fixed income investments
- Any quality rabbit meat
- How many people are you interested in
- Hair gelation causes hair loss
- What are the worst classes at MIT
- How does altitude affect a person's running speed?
- Which is the best broadband in Gurgaon
- Should I buy a Moto G5?
- Lizards share food with cockroaches
- Life in the UK is easy
- Is the service fee taxable?
- How are the laws in Singapore
- Can I get a job with no skills
- Should I learn French or Chinese?
- Can cause moisture to rise through concrete
- Which documents are required for a partnership
- What is your favorite answer
- What are the legacies of the Renaissance
- What do people not like to believe?
- Carbonated beverages and sodas are unsafe
- As usual, you beat up your children
- Where do Canadians eat