Which foods have fewer carbohydrates
Carbohydrate Free Food: What Is Low Carb?
Meat is the first thing most people think of when they think of carbohydrate-free foods. And it's true, meat actually - unprocessed - does not contain any carbohydrates.
In addition to meat, there are other foods that do not contain carbohydrates. And also those that contain carbohydrates, but in such small amounts that they still belong to this group.
Knowing whether a food is with or without carbohydrates is of interest to anyone who is on a low carb diet. Carbohydrates are largely taboo here. Because the carbohydrates have an influence on the blood sugar level and are supposed to hinder fat loss.
Reading tip:Diet ranking: These are the most popular diets in Germany
Too bad that most foods are high in carbohydrates and are therefore eliminated. But don't worry, you don't just have to eat meat now.
There are many more carbohydrate-free foods such as:
- Vegetables (or low in carbohydrates)
With a low carb diet, however, you have to do without some other classics of everyday nutrition.
The following foods do contain carbohydrates:
- Fast food
- Ready meals
These foods are taboo in a low carb diet:
- Baked goods such as bread, rolls, cakes & Co.
- rice and pasta
- Salty snacks like pretzels or chips
- Pizza and other fast food
Fortunately, there are inventive people, like Jasmin Mengele, who can conjure up "forbidden" delicacies such as bread and cake in low-carb versions.
Reading tip:We asked: Low carb pasta in the test
Good to know: No matter how low-carb hustle and bustle, the nutritionists of the German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommend a balanced diet that also contains carbohydrates, because too much protein is unhealthy.
Therefore, mainly include foods without carbohydrates in your menu in the evening. This is how fat loss works optimally overnight and during the day you eat normally and only avoid foods rich in sugar or white flour.
For example, if you don't want to do without bread, there are even special gluten-free lower carb baking mixes (buy here at Amazon *) that contain up to 90% less carbohydrates than normal bread.
Which foods do not contain carbohydrates?
1. Meat & poultry are carbohydrate-free foods
When it comes to foods without carbohydrates, it stands flesh in the first place. Pure it only contains protein and fat.
It looks different if you bread the meat. Then the carbohydrates from the breadcrumbs are added. Meatballs also contain small amounts of carbohydrates, as do sausages and other processed meat products.
With poultry it is like meat: in its natural form it does not contain any carbohydrates. Small amounts are added breaded or deep-fried.
2. Eggs contain almost no carbohydrates
Eggs are one of those foods that consist almost entirely of protein and fat. Since their carbohydrate content is less than 1 gram per 100 grams, they are among the foods without carbohydrates.
3. Fish is a carbohydrate free food
Like meat, pure fish belongs to the group of foods that do not contain any carbohydrates.
It looks different if you bread it nicely in breadcrumbs and Co. Because they contain carbohydrates. You can conjure up a carbohydrate-free breading from herbs and mozzarella, for example.
Specialties such as herring or matjessalat also contain carbohydrates. Not many, but still.
Read also:Ketogenic Diet: Real Weight Loss Miracle or Dangerous Trend?
4. Seafood rarely contains carbohydrates
Like fish, seafood is largely carbohydrate-free.
The only exceptions are:
- Crabs and
These are low in carbohydrates, but less than 5 grams per 100 grams.
5. Cheese: Which cheeses contain carbohydrates?
Did you know that most of the different types of cheese also belong to the group of foods without carbohydrates?
These cheeses do not contain carbohydrates:
- Semi-hard cheeses such as Edam or Gouda,
- Roquefort or
Contains only certain soft cheeses small amounts of carbohydrates, such as:
- Processed cheese or
- Cream cheese.
6. Vegetables are low in carbohydrates
Well, strictly speaking, vegetables contain carbohydrates, but the proportion is so negligibly small that it is hardly ever valued. On average, the carbohydrate content does not exceed 5 grams per 100 grams of vegetables. So it has no influence on the blood sugar level.
Best of all, vegetables are the only carbohydrate-free food that does not contain fat.
However, there are a few exceptions:
- Sweet potatoes,
- Sugar snap peas as well
They contain a slightly larger amount of carbohydrates. But here, too, the value only rises above 20 grams per 100 grams of food for sweet potatoes.
Read also: Attention low carb fans: 4 ingenious recipes for vegetable noodles
7. Nuts: Which types of nuts are low in carbohydrates?
You have to look carefully at the nuts if you pay attention to your carbohydrate intake. Cashews contain 30 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams, but most other types of nuts are only around 5-8 grams.
- 100 g peanuts: 8.6 g carbohydrates
- 100 g hazelnuts: 10 g carbohydrates
- 100 g macadamias: 4 g carbohydrates
- 100 g almonds: 5 g carbohydrates
- 100 g Brazil nuts: 4 g carbohydrates
- 100 g walnuts: 10 g carbohydrates
8. Oil is free from carbohydrates
Oil is pure fat and therefore free from carbohydrates.
Recipe tip: Low carb salad with feta and beetrootVideo by Aischa Butt
9. Herbs are low in carbohydrates
Herbs like basil or oregano contain small amounts of carbohydrates, usually less than 10 grams per 100 grams of herbs. In addition, you use very little of it when cooking. That is why they also belong to the group of foods that are largely carbohydrate-free.
Also try:3 delicious low carb Thermomix recipes to enjoy
Low carb recipe ideas for breakfast
Cooking low carb is difficult for many in the beginning. Breakfast in particular is a challenge. After all, rolls, bread and cornflakes are not low carb. Here you will find many delicious recipes for low carb breakfast!
Low carb recipe ideas for lunch
You can also go for low-carb dishes at lunch by replacing pasta, bread, etc. with fresh vegetables. The protein-rich, healthy meals keep you full for a long time and contain many vitamins. Here you will find recipes for low carb lunches!
You can find even more low carb recipes in the cookbook "Low Carb for Beginners: The Low Carb Cookbook" on Amazon *
Important note at the end: An active lifestyle with a balanced diet and plenty of exercise is still the best way to stay fit and achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
- Enemas can have side effects
- How do submissive women behave in public
- Is it dangerous to sleep under a fitted sheet?
- Which foods have fewer carbohydrates
- How do you start an export business
- How can I get my Walmart Paystub
- Are wool carpets worth the cost
- Are the Australian desert half desert
- Who prepares the GATE exam?
- Children should be watching Riverdale
- What is copywriting
- What is project appraisal in construction
- What is good posture
- What is the best New Zealand history book
- Indian men have big penises
- Was the EuroFighter a successful aircraft
- When can you get EU citizenship?
- How safe is Nassau in the Bahamas
- Is it easy to leave the house?
- How can we solve social security
- How is the Squarespaces architecture
- How can I start an oil business
- What is the Romanian word campea?
- What are the best wireless speaker adapters