What is a codified law
A Codification is the systematic summary of the law applicable to a specific area of life in a coherent body of law code. It has the right to finally settle its matter. If the compilation is not systematically ordered, one speaks of a “compilation”.
The term "codification" was coined by the English lawyer and social reformer Jeremy Bentham. Bernd Mertens, Legislative Art in the Age of Codifications (Theory and Practice of Legislative Technology from a Historical-Comparative Perspective, Tübingen 2004, p. 497 ff .; Georg Kramer-McInnis, The «Legislator of the World», Jeremy Bentham's Foundation of Classical Utilitarianism, Zurich / St. Gallen 2008, p. 168 ff.).
Since antiquity, collections of laws and codes of law have been referred to as codices based on the “Codex Iustinianus”. In today's linguistic usage, codification means both the process of systematisation and: codification as well as its result, the code. The purpose of a codification is to make the rules applicable to the relevant area of life more readily available and understandable by summarizing them compactly and relating them to one another. The codifications that are important today can be divided into two groups:
The term codification also occurs in connection with the Twelve Tables legislation around 450 BC. Chr. On. During this time the plebeians fought their way through the class battles 450–287 BC. Political co-determination, civil law equality and participation in the economic profit of expansion. In addition, they created their own organizations, such as the people's tribune and their own people's assembly.
- http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodification November 24, 2014
License information for this article
This article is based on the Wikipedia article cited in the sources, available under the license “CC BY-SA 3.0“.
- What do billionaires buy
- Is there something wrong with BTS Jungkook
- Are gangs a problem in Buffalo?
- What is the H4 immigration status like
- What things can you have in prison
- How can we solve social security
- Friends deal with inappropriate friends
- Are 105-year-old afraid of death
- Who should I choose dad or mom
- Hates Kerala Narendra Modi
- One can get self-actualization
- Is it safe in San Diego?
- Which country has the least regulated economy?
- Will recruit IOCL through GATE 2020
- But how do you say in Swedish
- Will autistic people experience abuse
- How do structural and cyclical unemployment differ?
- What is strategic rescheduling
- What are the best headphones in 2019
- What has helped you overcome cervical spondylosis?
- How can I do a feasibility study
- Well worth buying Pixel 3a
- Technology makes us stupid
- How do I find a launch accelerator