What animals eat alligators
Crocodile: Information in the animal lexicon
General information about the crocodile
There are a total of 23 species that make up the scientific order of crocodiles (Crocodylia) belong. They are divided into three families:
Real crocodiles (Crocodylidae), Alligators (Alligatoridae) and gavials (Gavialidae). Crocodiles live mainly in rivers and lakes in the tropics and subtropics. Only the saltwater crocodile is found in the sea.
The size and weight of a crocodile
Crocodiles grow their lives. Animals of the large species sometimes measure more than six meters, the smallest only about 1.20 meters. Saltwater crocodiles can weigh up to 2,000 kilograms.
Diet: what do crocodiles eat?
Crocodiles are primarily carnivores. While real crocodiles and alligators usually prey on everything that comes in front of them, gavials prefer to eat fish.
Saltwater crocodiles only eat about 50 times a year. Especially large species can survive for more than a year without a single meal. As ambulance hunters, they often lie patiently for hours, sometimes even days, in the river bed, only their eyes and nostrils protrude from the water. So they wait until a suitable feeding opportunity arises.
Crocodiles lay up to 80 eggs in a nest, from which the young hatch after 40 to 90 days. The temperature in the nest decides which sex the offspring is. If it is less than 30 degrees Celsius, females hatch, it is around 34 degrees Celsius, males. At temperatures in between, both sexes can arise.
Female crocodiles guard their eggs until the little ones hatch. Even so, only one in ten boys survives on average. The others are eaten in the egg or as young by birds of prey or monitor lizards#Subjects
- How can Indonesia improve its economy
- Future of business consulting
- You can use shampoo to clean clothes
- How is the student life in Mumbai
- How do doctors repair a dislocated shoulder
- What are the most depressing youth films
- What is unique about Royal Dutch Shell
- What new hobby can I learn
- America is a hateful country
- What well-paying jobs can I get
- How has technology changed our lives
- Have you ever experienced racism in India
- Why can't I commit to a relationship?
- Can someone really lead a happy life
- What was the greatest betrayal you have seen
- Which is the best Hollywood movie out of date
- Where can we share our ideas
- What does an apostille do
- Are cardigans with style
- Is the CFO higher than the president
- Where does the term team come from ___
- What did Steve Jobs do at Pixar
- How fun was your childhood
- Where do the Arabica coffee beans come from?