How many countries are there in Australia 1
Parliamentary democracy (under constitutional monarchy)
independent since 1901
Australia and New Zealand
geographyAustralia is a country on the Australian continent and the Tasman Island. The land has a total area of 7,741,220 km² and a total coastline of 25,760 km. This land mass is roughly 21.7 times the size of Germany. In terms of area, Australia is the largest country on the Australian continent and the sixth largest country in the world. With 3.3 inhabitants per km² it is also the most sparsely populated country on the Australian continent. It is divided into numerous geographical zones on its exceptionally large area. On average it is at an altitude of 330 m above sea level.
The country has 8,222 mostly uninhabited islands. Australia does not have any directly bordering countries. The distance between Berlin and the capital Canberra is approximately 16,090 km.
1 dollar is divided into 100 cents.
Status: May 18, 2021
1 euro = 1.56 dollars
1 dollar = 0.64 euros
The climate in AustraliaFor a country with a north-south extension of over 3600 km it is not possible to describe the climate in general. Australia has a predominantly subtropical climate. This means that there is hardly any rainfall, especially in the summer months, and the usual evaporation causes severe drought. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 18 and 30 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 36 degrees during the day. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops down to 7 ° C in the monthly mean.
Average day and night temperatures
With an HDI (Human Development Index) of 0.944, Australia is one of the most highly developed economies according to the UN definition. The IMF also shares this classification. Taking into account purchasing power parity, it is one of the 20 richest countries in the world.
|0% urban areas:||36,746 km²|
|48% agriculture:||3,687,143 km²|
|16% forests:||1,257,174 km²|
|0% water surface:||49,200 km²|
|36% other areas:||2,760,157 km²|
|Road network:||873,573 km|
|Rail network:||33,343 km|
The main cities
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||abolished in 1985|
Existing trade agreements
Dependent outside areas
Heard and McDonald Islands
- What it takes to be a professional employee
- How was your first rejection of a relationship
- Did you have your favorite meal today?
- Disadvantage of multinational companies
- What are the uses of naphthalene spheres
- What does the phrase your mother mean
- How difficult is the dental school
- How can I stop my pups from crying
- How can I be a good manager
- Horror films with a good intelligent story
- Can you hear a predator drone
- What do ENT doctors find intimidating about INFPs
- What is BTS Favorite Food
- How can autism be cured at home
- What do you mean by an entrepreneur
- Why are Indians so bureaucratic and lazy
- What do Indian entrepreneurs actually need?
- What did the White Australia Policy say
- How long do Nike running shoes last
- What age preceded modernity?
- Older women still feel sexual urges
- Diabetics can drink unsweetened papaya milkshake
- Are 105-year-old afraid of death
- How do I win back her heart