What are pH and pH scale
How do I determine my pH?
There are several methods of determining acidity. From complex clinical-chemical laboratory tests to our recommended self-tests with pH indicator test strips, which have an easily measurable pH scale.
Use the pH scale test strips
Get special test strips made from so-called indicator paper from your pharmacy. If you hold them in the urine stream, they change color depending on the acidity of the urine - from light yellow to dark blue. The colors are marked in the instructions with the acidity they represent. It is important that the strip is held in the so-called central stream of the urine.
It is therefore advisable to first let a small part of the urine run off before the test strip is then held in it. In order to obtain meaningful urine pH values that provide reliable conclusions about the acidity of the body, the measurement should be carried out over several days and repeated at different times of the day. Measurements after meals should always be taken every 2 hours. The check should be carried out at least 2 times, ideally about 6 times a day.
The acidity of the urine fluctuates depending on the food, the psyche and the time of day. In parallel to the liver activity, more acids are excreted in the second half of the night. Therefore, the 1st morning urine should show a slightly acidic pH value. This confirms that the acids that were formed in the metabolism during the night were actually excreted. Measurements should result in an up and down movement or a curve.
It doesn't necessarily matter how great the fluctuations are, but that fluctuations are there at all. This indicates that the body has a natural regulation of the acid-base balance. Constantly alkaline urine could indicate a massive disturbance in the organism.
Note: Are healthy urine pH levels
- in the morning between pH 6.2 - 6.8
- in the evening between pH 6.8 - 7.4
* With this pH test strip you can measure your urine pH.
Sander acid-base test
A much more reliable test is that according to Sander. We have described it in detail here: Base therapy
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- What AA. et al., "Urine pH is an indicator of dietary acid-base load, fruit and vegetables and meat intakes: results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) -Norfolk population study." Br J Nutr. 2008 Jun; 99 (6): 1335-43. Epub 2007 Nov 28. (Urine pH is an indicator of dietary acid-base load and fruit, vegetable or meat intake: results from the European prospective research into cancer and nutrition (EPIC) -Norfolk population -Study.)
- Kalhoff H. et al., "Food mineral composition and acid-base balance in preterm infants." Eur J Nutr. 2007 Jun; 46 (4): 188-95. Epub 2007 May 3. (Mineral composition of food and acid-base balance in premature babies.)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Why does Saudi Arabia hates India
- Can parents teach homophobia to their children?
- Is Washington DC considered a city
- Why are LGBTQ people overrepresented everywhere
- What causes a phobia to bake beans
- Why should people do difficult things
- How is the food in Jakarta
- What is beautiful Bali
- What is the importance of an entrepreneur
- Why do we need an H1B visa
- What are some famous French foods
- Where is the best massage in Los Angeles
- How can thrifty people enjoy fashion
- Why are diamonds and gold historically valuable
- Why are sharks afraid of dolphins
- Why are the 50s the new 30s
- How is Freshman Housing at Creighton University
- Which exotic foods are actually delicious?
- Can someone really lead a happy life
- What does NGHE mean in Vietnamese
- Why did your mother call you cry
- What is Rwanda
- How are vacuum tubes used
- What gives East Germany a bad reputation