How does Taipei compare to Seoul
For comparison: coping with pandemics in Israel, Taiwan, South Korea
At the invitation of the Institute for Work and Technology (IAT / Westfälische Hochschule), the participants discussed strategies for the aggressive use of digital technologies, which also include previous pandemic experiences, the promotion of health literacy and special prevention and protection concepts for the elderly and people in need of care Play a role in fighting pandemics. Dr. At the beginning of the event, Peter Enste, head of the IAT research focus on health economics, emphasized the importance of questioning “killer phrases” such as “the other culture in Asia” or “the abolition of data protection”. Of course, Taiwan benefits from its "island location", but the number of cases, which is tending towards zero, can be attributed to early measures and targeted strategies.
Practical experience in Israel
Daniela Oliel, project manager at Business Metropole Ruhr GmbH (BMR) reported in an interview with Prof. Dr. Eyal Zimlichman, MSc, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv / Israel (tbc) on practical experience in Israel. The "vaccination world champion Israel" mainly uses telemedicine to communicate with patients. "We have learned how to protect professionals and patients!" As a communication technology for everyone, TV sets, for example, were equipped with cameras in order to reach older people who are not very familiar with computers and smartphones.
Professor Dr. Kuyen Lin from the National Open University, Taipei / Taiwan, pointed out that the country “has practiced a lot with many small epidemics”. Above all, however, the experience from the SARS pandemic in 2003, which hit Taiwan very hard, meant that the country was very well prepared. The disease control authority ensures that sufficient resources such as masks and protective clothing are always available. The high fines for violations of the quarantine obligation (the equivalent of 30,000 euros) also contribute to infection prevention in the city district, as does cell phone tracking, a restriction of freedom that is perceived as "still proportionate" over 14 days.
South Korea: Testing, Tracking, Treatment
Prof. Dr. Sunkyo Kwon from Hanyang University, Seoul / South Korea, explained the “3xT” strategy in South Korea: “Testing, Tracking, Treatment” and the comprehensive information policy. However, there were also new social distancing rules and short-term strategy changes every two weeks, which then resulted in yo-yo effects. In Asia, the pandemic is taken very seriously and masks are already worn as protection against smog. An overarching prevention strategy with a mask requirement is perhaps easier to implement under group pressure in Asia “with a high level of solidarity” than in individualized European societies.
"Masks are normal"
Dr. Cheng-Hua Bai by Dr. Bai Consulting, Saarbrücken, who has lived in Germany for two years, drew a comparison with Taiwan: Due to the protective measures, schools, businesses and parts of the cultural offerings could remain open last year. “Masks are normal” and restrictions on data protection are considered acceptable in exchange for economic freedom. However, Taiwan has a particular advantage over Germany, according to Prof. Lin; "It is governed centrally, while here every federal state can do what it wants!"
The event took place as part of the Saarbrücken health congress “SALUT! Shaping DaSein “takes place and is supported by the National Health Industry Conference from Rostock-Warnemünde. The Network of German Health Regions e. V. and the Ruhr Area Conference Care are also involved as program and support partners, as is the Institute for Work and Technology (IAT).
Source: idw / Institute for Work and Technology
- What are your favorite electronica artists
- Why should I never visit Istanbul
- Is coffee the best breakfast drink
- How do you get rich in Africa
- What is the richest tribe in Nigeria
- Which university professors are paid the most
- What is the most complicated algorithm made
- Which countries have inflation
- Why is diversity desirable in society?
- What is the brutal truth about Nigeria
- Salt heals wounds faster
- What is the prezygotic barrier
- Is Singapore a tax haven
- Why did Moses flee Egypt
- Mexicans eat a lot of rice
- How do I feel Jesus
- Is Kryptonics a good skateboard brand
- Time heals all wounds every time
- Somebody put Latuda and Wellbutrin together
- Which is considered rude in Germany
- Why do you have a career gap
- Are Greeks really Albanians?
- Have you ever seen a girl poop
- Greece and Turkey hate each other
- How much should parents pay their babysitter
- Traditional Chinese is better than Simplified Chinese
- Why should we lead a life without expectation
- Where can I find my breed of dog
- Singapore is experiencing a real estate bubble
- What are some good old rock songs
- What has changed since your first heartbreak
- Is the relationship with married men right?
- Why does my dog smell my butt