Has life disappointed you and why
First aid strategies for disappointment
Accept your disappointment for the moment.
You are disappointed because what you wished for did not come true. Your feeling of frustration, even if it is uncomfortable or even painful, is an appropriate response to the non-fulfillment of a wish.
Take responsibility for your disappointment.
If you are disappointed in another person, then they need not have noticed. Think about whether you want to give him the chance to explain his behavior, apologize, make amends, or change his behavior in the future. If so, then you need to talk to him about your disappointment. However, remember:
One is not disappointed in what another does or does not do, but only with what one expects of the other.
Check out my good mood strategies.
In my good mood strategies you will surely find one or the other strategy that will immediately lift your mood.
Search for possible solutions.
The good thing about feeling is that it motivates you to keep fighting to make your wishes come true. Disappointment is an uncomfortable feeling that you want to get rid of as soon as possible. So what can you do to overcome your disappointment? What other possibilities are there that your wish can come true?
Check your rating.
The more important it is for you that your wish is fulfilled, the greater your disappointment. Conversely, you can lessen your disappointment by changing your rating. Is it really that important for your person and your life that your wish is fulfilled? Or would it just be pleasant and beneficial?
The more you deal with the event you are disappointed with, the greater the disappointment appears to you. You then stare at a mosquito and see an elephant. Therefore, for the moment, doing something else that needs your attention is fine.
Get a second opinion.
Your disappointment may arise because you got something down the wrong path or because you are viewing it from the wrong perspective. An outside person could help you change your point of view. Therefore, tell the incident to someone you trust. Make sure that you describe the incident as objectively as possible, just as a camera would record the event. Only in this way can he objectively assess the event.
Look for positive motives in your counterpart.
Wonder if there might also be positive intentions behind his behavior? Could his behavior have nothing to do with you at all, but with his bad mood, excessive demands, tiredness, a current crisis situation?
- How do I sell used books
- What documents are required for citizenship
- Why didn't it rain every day
- What did you gain from loneliness
- America is too patriotic
- Can I sue FedEx
- Is it illegal to lock police officers in?
- What is Allah's IQ
- Is Melania Trump equal to Donald Trumps
- How many US schools have armed guards
- Are there unions in Hong Kong?
- Should the sharing economy be regulated
- Are all tech recruiters only Indian?
- Are relationships worth entering into?
- Is Kaggle dead
- What is the minimum wage at Walmart
- Are labor rights human rights
- Is rule of law rule of law
- Do Uber drivers agree to wear skis?
- How profitable is options trading 1
- Teens What is your best advice to parents
- What are some examples of interdisciplinarity
- Is coleslaw a salad
- Why don't Mexicans speak Mexicans