What Happens When Puppies Eat Dog Food
What can a puppy eat and drink? Tips on Proper Nutrition for Puppies
Good food plays an important role in growing a puppy. This also has a positive effect on his health. We will help you make the right decisions so that you can support your puppy as much as possible as they grow up.
First breast milk, later solid feed
From birth and up to a month after birth, the puppy is well supplied with breast milk. Breast milk contains the nutrients a puppy needs at this stage. The milk is namely rich in energy, proteins, fats and calcium. It also contains protective substances that the puppy depends on. After the first month, you can feed them with canned puppy food or with wet food that is high in protein and fat. Make sure that the pups eat about 5 to 6 times a day during this phase. At this age, wet food should be preferred because it is more suitable for teeth that are still small.
What can a puppy eat after 8 weeks
After the eighth week, you can also offer your puppy chunks. Your puppy was / will be with purchase probably about that old. Yarrah has something special Puppy food that is designed to promote healthy growth and development for your puppy. A young puppy grows quickly and must consume a variety of nutrients for healthy and good growth. Puppy food contains more energy and protein than food for adult dogs. The chunks are also a bit smaller and therefore better suited for the still young teeth of a puppy.
Essential nutrients for a puppy
In the first phase of life, puppies grow fastest. To support their growth, they need a balanced diet that should contain the right amount of fats and proteins. Fats and proteins are for a puppy indispensable nutrients. The puppy needs protein to be able to grow well, and fat gives him the energy with which he can move. Yarrah Puppy dry food offers an optimal protein-fat ratio (28% protein, 16% fat).
Water and wet food
Of course, a puppy also needs water. Compared to an adult dog, a puppy's body has a higher percentage of water, which increases the risk of dehydration in a puppy. That is why it is important to make sure that your puppy fresh drinking water daily gets. The rule of thumb here is that a dog drinks approximately 50 ml of water per kilogram of body weight per day. This is a quick and easy way to calculate how much water to give your puppy. But also take into account that if he moves a lot or if it is very warm, he needs more moisture. With the help of Wet food you can make it absorb more moisture. Yarrah offers wet food for dogs of all ages.
How many times a day should you feed?
The number of moments of feeding depends on how old a dog is. You should feed a puppy that is less than 10 weeks old 4 to 5 times a day. When the puppy is between 10 weeks and 5 months old, give them 3 meals a day. After the 5th / 6th Month you give him 2 meals a day. The most important thing is that you always feed your puppy around the same time; his internal clock will get used to this rhythm. Our feed schedule for the products shows you the recommended amount of feed per day. In addition, you can use our Feed calculator with which you can quickly and easily calculate what your dog's dry or wet food needs are per day.
Change to a different feed
Would you like to feed your puppy Yarrah food and did he not get this food from the breeder? Then you will have to slowly get him used to the new food. Do you want the food rearrange? Then mix the current feed with Yarrah's organic feed over the course of a week. Slowly but steadily increase the amount of Yarrah food and at the same time decrease the amount of the current food so that your dog can slowly but surely get used to the Yarrah food without artificial fragrances, colors and flavors.
• Never feed more than the recommended amount, otherwise there is a risk of obesity, which can put a severe strain on the rapidly developing bones and joints.
• Make sure that fresh water is always available.
• Provide variety on the daily menu.
• Avoid stress and make sure that the puppy can eat undisturbed. He should be able to rest a little after feeding. So don't go for a walk immediately after you eat; it is better to do it before the meal.
- How do people feel about polyamorous relationships?
- Where does the term pimp come from?
- Lies Donald Trump about his lies
- How does UCC 1 308
- Can you live anywhere without taxes
- Income tax is optional in the United States
- How can I get a government license
- What is the best language in the world
- What happens to tattoos after death
- What do you think of ICO investments
- Good programmers are underpaid
- How do construction bonds work
- What is the future of the Italian economy
- Who is the last wife of the Prophet Muhammad
- Are there Jews in Palestine
- Is PlanetSide 2 good on PS4
- Should there be group projects in college
- How physically gifted was Wilt Chamberlain
- Can we eat a banana straight away after lunch?
- When do you become addicted to alcohol?
- Are people from Turkmenistan Turkish
- Why should you stay in serviced apartments?
- Between geometry and trigonometry, which is more difficult
- How did you discipline a spoiled Goere
- Why is my YouTube channel dying
- Huge lips are only considered sexual
- Are the Irish heavy drinkers
- What do you know about spies
- Why do children suffer from depression
- Pakistani people eat beef
- What is it like to be black in Poland?
- What's your New Years resolution 1
- How can someone overcome his shyness?