How to avoid eye contact, of course
Social phobia: Please don't make eye contact
But why is spontaneous eye contact with strangers so painful and embarrassing?
Perhaps because eye contact with someone is something very intimate. I use it to create a connection and closeness to a person and signal to them: I am devoting all my attention to you. It's just stupid if you don't want that at all and everything is just a coincidence. Eye contact then quickly turns into something confusing that pulls us out of our own thoughts or, even worse, one perceives it as an intrusion into one's own privacy. What is this person staring at me? What does this person want from me? Up to and including: Oh man, do I have toothpaste on my face again?
It's hard to say: "Excuse me, please, I didn't even want to look at you"
From an early age we are taught: “Don't be rigid like that! That's rude! ”And it's not even a conscious stare. Still, it's so uncomfortable as if you had stepped on someone's foot with full force. But it is difficult to say here: “Excuse me, please! It was not on purpose. I didn't want to look at you. "
I first realized that this is a pretty German problem when I was in Chile after graduating from high school. Every morning I took the bus to my work for 40 minutes and it was quite normal for people to look at me - or just stare at me - non-stop. Even if the eyes met briefly, nobody avoided my gaze. Many were much more pleased about the short contact and smiled at me. So it was never rude, but rather a sign of interest. And at the same time very liberating to be able to look everyone in the face without fear.
- What salary does L T
- What does an IT business analyst do
- What is transfer pricing
- How much does an average certification body earn
- What Are Some Funny Podcasts Podcasters
- What is BA in 22 Gun Nomenclature
- What is the best smelling soap
- How does Shanghai compare to Taipei?
- Country names are always capitalized in English
- Who cleans the White House
- How do I deal with bitchy colleagues
- What can immediately motivate me to learn
- What is your guilty pleasure in sex
- Lactose intolerance can be inherited
- Which actress has a bra size of 40?
- Are gadgets helpful
- How did you lose your fortune 1
- What are bushes
- Where does the term third eye come from?
- Can an automotive engineer do mechanical work?
- How does chorizo sausage taste
- How do you make lips permanently plump, of course
- RAM is a temporary memory
- Can we live without smartphones?
- Why are submissions important in commercial construction
- Which degrees pay very good salaries
- What causes your lips to turn blue
- Why do you teach
- Where do Emiratis hang out in Dubai
- What Mukhi Rudraksha should a bull wear
- How do you see the budget for 2019
- What was your moment It's finally happening
- What are 5 examples of multicellular organisms