What's your favorite organic food
Do organic foods taste better?
Organic farmers often use older fruit and vegetable varieties
This has been debated for years. Many organic buyers say that those who bite into organic apples, carrots or cucumbers have more taste on the tongue. That could be - because organic vegetables often grow more slowly and contain up to 20 percent less water, they can develop more flavor. However, that doesn't mean that everyone really likes it better. Organic farmers sometimes grow old varieties that taste different than the usual modern varieties. One likes them, the other maybe not. The fact is, however, that organic foods taste more natural because they contain fewer additives. Organic sausage, bread or ready-made meals should come as natural as possible on the table.
Fewer E numbers in organic products
In Germany, more than 300 of the so-called E numbers are currently approved for conventional foods. The organic food manufacturers are allowed to use far less. Synthetic sweeteners, stabilizers, preservatives, flavors, colors and flavor enhancers are taboo. For example, organic producers use beetroot juice instead of artificial coloring or use honey, syrup or organic sugar instead of sugar substitutes. The EC organic regulation has listed all permitted additives in organic products in a positive list. There are currently around 45, for example vegetable thickeners (agar agar), raising agents (sodium carbonate) or emulsifiers (lecithin), without which certain foods simply cannot be produced or preserved. If you want to stick the seal of the eco-associations on yourself, you have to get by with fewer additives: Bioland, for example, allows 22, Demeter only 20 additives. The associations also specify which additives may be used for which foods. This reduces the usage by another.
Demeter and Bioland are far stricter than the EU organic regulation
Controversial substances such as nitrite curing salt, which is permitted in cured meat products according to the EC organic regulation and which stabilizes the red meat color, are taboo for Bioland and Demeter butchers. The European legislator allows natural flavors and flavor extracts, but some organic associations restrict their use, others, for example Demeter, prohibit them completely. Because these flavors are not entirely unproblematic. They are produced using solvents from natural raw materials (these do not have to be food). Example: Strawberry aroma is created by microbial processes from sawdust. Members of the Demeter Association only use essential oils or pure plant extracts. As complicated as it all sounds, one thing is clear: because organic foods contain fewer additives, they have a more natural taste.
- What are you doing in design school
- What is the national fruit of Colombia
- Can teachers tell if students are wrong?
- Why do we need an H1B visa
- Why should I never visit Austin TX
- How often does someone else breastfeed a child
- Muslim women are comfortable with Sharia law
- Which is the cheapest gym management software
- What is remote patient monitoring
- Can Ceragem cure knee pain
- How offensive is the term cockblock
- What do you feel while watching TV
- How many Chinese are atheists
- What do Norwegians think of the Turks?
- What are cameras used for today?
- Why don't teenagers act like kids?
- Why do we seek power 1
- What do Italian boys like in girls
- Which countries have summer in December
- Why is China blocking its internet
- Allah knows who Lucifer is
- Is the iPhone X dustproof
- Can we join TCS after the resignation?
- What are the reasons for China's slowdown