What do you usually have for dinner
Meanings and examples
1. Ingesting (mostly solid) food by mouth (A1)
- Have you already eaten today?
- What is your favorite food?
- She does not eat meat.
- Do you prefer meat or fish?
- I really like to eat soup.
- We're going to eat Italian today.
- We haven't eaten for a long time.
- The child has yet to learn to eat with a knife and fork.
- Many students eat lunch in the cafeteria.
- I have lunch at home.
- We usually have dinner around 7pm.
- I think I ate too much.
- Do not eat that fast!
- Thanks, I'm fed up. I ate enough.
- I ate my fill.
- I ate the whole plate empty.
- You can eat very well in this restaurant.
Synonyms and verbs with a similar meaning
feed oneself; Food; to consume something; to eat something 
Colloquial words that mean to eat:
eat, eat, munch, fillet, eat something, plaster something
Antonyms / opposite words
starve; drink 
eat; Food; Take food
- From twelve to one, food is taken in the barracks.
- So guys, pause! Time to get some food.
consume something completely
- Only when you have eaten everything are you allowed to get up.
- I was very hungry and ate everything.
eat with someone who has invited you spontaneously
- Come! Sit down and have a meal!
- We offered it to her, but she didn't want to eat with us.
- Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?
- I've cooked enough, you are welcome to eat with me.
eat your fill
eat so much that you are no longer hungry
- The poor man hasn't eaten his fill in a long time.
eat something away from someone
eat something that was actually intended for another person
- I can not believe it! You ate everything away from me.
- Who ate the cake away from me? The last piece was for me.
eat / feed like a barn thresher
eat a lot
- Our son is just growing and is eating like a barn thresher.
- It was so tasty! We ate like the barn thresher.
the food falls off someone's face
someone is unpleasantly surprised; someone is baffled
- The food almost fell off my face when I heard that.
- When I saw the bill, the food fell off my face. 900 euros for this small repair! I never expected that.
eating cherries with someone is not good
You can't get on well with someone.
- Unfortunately, eating cherries with our neighbors is not good. They are very rude and complain about every little thing.
- I wouldn't expect any support from her. Eating cherries is not good with her.
noun: the food, the dining table, the dining room, lunch, dinner
Note on regional studies
During the lunch break you often hear the word "meal!" In factories, companies and offices.
If you sit at the table in front of your meal, the meaning is “Bon appetit!” But meal is also a greeting at lunchtime.
Materials for learning German
You can also find learning materials for verbs here.
<< tell (049)
drive (051) >>
The 200 most important German verbs
Overview | The 200 most important German verbs
Row | The 200 most important German verbs
Exercises | 200 verbs in 60 exercises
Picture gallery | The 200 most important German verbs
More about the verbs
1,100 strong and irregular verbs
Verbs with preposition A1-C2
To have or to be perfect with?
Separable and inseparable verbs
Position & Direction Verbs | Conjugation, examples, exercises
Modal verbs | Meanings, examples, paraphrases
The wonderful world of prefixes
- What was Steve Jobs really like?
- Why does life exist 4
- Why do people bully others at school
- Do Indians have US citizenship?
- What is the work of hotel management
- Why are Asian men viewed as unattractive
- What was the greatest challenge that you have mastered
- Why is it important to have a YouTube channel
- Which CV format do employers prefer?
- What diseases are you really afraid of?
- Relationships change
- Where police surveillance is illegal
- Can Dogs Eat Cheez Its?
- What confuses you about modern culture?
- How are companies taxed on profits
- What products does Japan export to America
- How much is unknown about the unknown
- How does someone become a bad boy
- Which overseas counseling is best in Mumbai
- America needs reconciliation
- What is healthy to eat for dinner
- What is the purpose of software development
- Who can lead a government
- How do the US addresses work