What causes emotional instability
Emotionally unstable personality disorder: diagnosis
The difficulty of controlling emotions and coping with inner tension plays a role especially in socially demanding situations, e.g. in conflicts, disappointments or close proximity to another person. There is strong self-devaluation as well as an often sudden or radical change between idealization and devaluation of a person or situation (“black and white thinking”). Uncontrollable emotional outbursts (e.g. anger / aggression), strong impulsiveness, but also emptiness occur. Those affected often react by withdrawing or devaluing themselves.
Self-injuries (e.g. cracks, cuts, burns, hitting yourself), severe anxiety states and inner emptiness also occur. Self-harm can also manifest itself through risky behavior (e.g. unrestrained eating, excessive consumption of alcohol / drugs, uncontrolled spending of money or risky sexual behavior). Thoughts of suicide are also common in people with emotionally unstable personality disorder. This high-profile path of emotions makes it difficult for those affected to develop a stable sense of identity - to know "who you actually are".
In studies using magnetic resonance imaging of the brain, it has repeatedly been found that this personality disorder is associated with overactivity of the amygdala and underactivity of the hippocampus. These brain structures are located in the limbic system, which is primarily responsible for feelings.
- Can you prove the discrimination against employment candidates?
- Mountaineering Can anyone climb Mount Everest?
- What is an optical flow sensor
- What does BRP mean in slang
- What is it like to teach international students
- Which people are interesting for you
- What breed are Italians
- What makes you busy
- Why are there no protests in Macau?
- Which modern country is Prussia today?
- Why do American politicians care about the environment?
- How can you help the maid at home?
- What are some sexy English TV series
- What is building and building
- How cool is your grandmother
- Is the Uniqlo brand easy to wear
- What is the coolest classical music
- Why do Japanese like Filipina
- How often do couples quarrel
- What are some unforgettable moments in life
- Which countries celebrate the most in Europe?
- Income tax is optional in the United States
- What is the best hotel channel manager
- High levels of prolactin can lead to depression
- Which is smarter INFJ or INFP
- How many Merlions are there in Singapore
- Hong Kong has too many people
- Life in South Korea is amazing
- How is the study of CA.
- Which country is Britain's enemy
- How is life in Dehradun
- Is where we were a correct sentence
- What are heartbeat moments of your life