What is an O level
Exams called “General Certificate of Education” can also Be part of secondary school qualifications in countries whose school system is historically based on the UK school system. Other conditions for university admission in Germany may apply to these countries. Therefore, the Evaluation proposals for the respective country are examinedwhich can be found in the Central Office for Foreign Education.
The certification bodies must always be presented with the certificates of the recognized British examination bodies (“Awarding Bodies”) for the assessment. The certificates from the respective school are not sufficient. The “Awarding Bodies” currently include: Pearson (formerly Edexcel), Cambridge Assessment International Education (formerly Cambridge International Examinations), OCR, AQA, WJEC (for Wales), CCEA (for Northern Ireland).
2. Recognition of the GCE in Germany
The following conditions are summarized for the recognition of the GCE:
a) Basic requirements
Exist regardless of the course to be chosen three basic conditions:
- For the GCE to be recognized, you must provide evidence of four examination subjects that are independent of each other and have general (not vocational) content.
- These subjects must include a) a language and b) mathematics or one of the natural sciences biology, chemistry or physics.
- At least three of the four subjects must have been passed at the GCE AL level; the GCE AS level is sufficient for the fourth subject.
b) Subject-specific requirements for individual study areas
In relation to the desired subject, the following additional requirements must be met:
- If you would like to take a degree in the humanities, law, social sciences, economics or art, you must prove a) a subject in the GCE AL that corresponds to the chosen field of study and b) in economics and social sciences, an additional GCE AL in mathematics.
- If you want to study a natural science subject, you must have taken a total of two GCE AL in the subjects of mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics.
- For technical and mathematical courses, a GCE AL in mathematics and a GCE AL in biology, chemistry, physics and computer science are required for recognition.
- If the subject you want to study belongs to the medical field (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and pharmacy), you must have taken three of the following GCE AL subjects: mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics.
c) Additional requirements
Additional requirements that do not replace the requirements according to section 2.b:
- Two subjects at the GCE AS level can be included in the assessment instead of a GCE AL.
- Evidence of GCE AS / AL examination subjects that are assigned to the vocational area can only be recognized in individual cases. The "GCE Applied A Level" introduced in Great Britain in 2005/2006 are in no way taken into account for university admission in Germany.
- Evidence of so-called "key skills" is not taken into account for university admission in Germany.
- A language test in English that was not taken as part of the GCE AL / AS exams cannot be considered a substitute for a subject in the GCE AL / AS.
- If the examination performance is documented by preliminary results reports "Statement of Results" or "Candidate Statement of Provisional Results" from the "Awarding Bodies" and / or the "Examinations Centers", these can be used as a basis for the decision on which are used. As an applicant, however, you are then obliged to submit the official examination certificates by the beginning of the second semester.
- The assessment is based on the assumption that a total of twelve ascending school years have been completed. If you do not meet this condition, the UK Evaluation Proposals will set out more detailed conditions for compensation, which can be found at the Central Office for Foreign Education.
3. Other UK secondary education degrees
International Advanced Level
International Advanced Level or International Advanced Subsidiary Level, which some British “international schools” offer, are taken into account for university admission in the same way as GCE AL or GCE AS.
The "Cambridge Pre-U" is a UK school leaving certificate that is accepted in Great Britain as an entitlement to enter higher education. For applicants with “Cambridge Pre-U” qualifications to study at German universities, the above-mentioned basic requirements apply (see section “Recognition of the GCE in Germany” - “Basic requirements”) and the subject-specific requirements (see section “Recognition of the GCE in Germany ”-“ Subject-specific requirements for individual fields of study ”) unchanged for individual fields of study. A “Cambridge Pre-U Principle Subject” is equated with a GCE AL and a “Cambridge Pre-U Short Course” with a GCE AS.
The "Cambridge Pre-U" subject "Global Perspectives and Independent Research" can replace a GCE AS if a "Cambridge Pre-U Diploma" is proven and the basic requirements (see section "Recognition of the GCE in Germany" - "Basic requirements" ) as well as the subject-specific requirements (see section “Recognition of the GCE in Germany” - “Subject-specific requirements for individual fields of study”) have already been met by the other subjects.
(International) General Certificate of Secondary Education and GCE Ordinary Level
General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), International GCSE and GCE Ordinary Level (GCE O Level) Proofs obtained in the United Kingdom or at British international schools are related to a German lower or middle school leaving certificate and are used for access to higher education NOT taken into account in Germany.
- What are the hidden costs of an operation
- Who was born first to Adam or Eve
- Who is the highest paid programmer
- What is the SSC CGL Tier 2 curriculum
- Is Dubai better than Hong Kong
- Why are iPhones no longer popular
- What makes someone a bad parent
- Should be designed by a front-end developer
- Should a girl go home alone
- How many hours do web designers work
- The downfall of Dubai has begun
- Why is Islam so famous
- Why did Mac Tatum go to jail?
- How do you pop a deep pimple
- What has cancer done
- How can I date an Israeli woman
- How is data stored in a database
- How can I produce creative ideas
- Directors can provide loans to the company
- Can I become a management consultant 1
- Rejected teenage pregnancy
- What are the best Redmi 7A alternatives
- What does Gio mean in a text
- Broke Nancy Pelosi Donald Trump 1
- What breed are Bengal
- What is the capital of Suriname
- Is it difficult to be a mechanic
- How does yeast rise bread
- Someone is trying to kill Jeffrey Epstein
- You should be chasing recruitment consultants
- Which dua should be read after namaz
- How is the personnel requirement determined
- What is holding back Indian engineers
- Dutch babies cry less