Who are the richest billionaire families today?
Photo galleryThese are the richest families in the world
The Bloomberg business service has filtered the 25 richest families in the world from its billionaire index. Clans who have recently become rich are absent from the list. That is also the reason why China is not represented in the ranking. Assets that are in the hands of a single heir are also an exclusion criterion.
So it is about wealth that has been acquired and increased over several generations. However, there are also restrictions here: "The wealth of families like the Rothschilds or Rockefellers is too diffuse to appreciate," they say. The sum of $ 1,100 billion is therefore likely to be underestimated. According to Bloomberg, these are the ten richest families:
Boehringer / von Baumbach
# 10 Boehringer / von Baumbach: In 1885 Albert Boehringer founded the drug manufacturer Boehringer Ingelheim. The company is still family-owned today. The pharmaceutical company had sales of just under 18.1 billion euros last year. It is run by Hubertus von Baumbach, who is related to the company founder. The family's net worth is estimated at $ 42.2 billion.
Cargill / MacMillan
# 9 Cargill / MacMillan: The history of Cargill also begins in the 19th century. Today the company in the food industry is one of the largest family groups in the world with a turnover of 110 billion dollars. The descendants of company founder William Cargill still control the group. Her net worth: $ 42.3 billion
# 8 Quandt: The names of the siblings Stefan Quandt and Susanne Klatten can be found regularly on the lists of the richest Germans. In the photo you can see her with her mother Johanna Quandt, who died in 2015. Her husband Herbert Quandt was involved in the restructuring of BMW in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Even today, the descendants are the largest shareholders in the car manufacturer. Net worth: $ 42.7 billion
# 7 Ambani: Mukesh Ambani (r.) Runs the petrochemical company Reliance Industries, founded by his father in 1966. He and his family live in a 27-storey house in Mumbai. His private car collection is also housed there. The family's net worth is estimated at $ 43.4 billion.
# 6 Wertheimer: The brothers Alain and Gerard Wertheimer owe their wealth to their grandfather. Pierre Wertheimer promoted the fashion designer Coco Chanel in the 1920s. The investment has paid off: Chanel had sales of around 9.6 billion dollars in 2017. The family's net worth is $ 45.6 billion.
- How much paper does a tree produce
- South Indians celebrate Holi
- Children can visit their parents in prison
- Why does well water smell like sulfur
- How can I get free prostheses
- What is plank length
- How to build skyscrapers
- What are the community resources in education
- What animals can saltwater crocodiles eat?
- How do I make olive oil soap
- Can a wolf survive alone
- Is the Telegram Messenger better than the WhatsApp Messenger
- Have members of Capitol Hill bodyguards
- We are white Canadians
- Why is China Hostile to Foreign Companies?
- A game of chess can never end
- Do people in Australia have pet kangaroos
- How did the word fuck come about 1
- What will happen to the English language
- What do our elders do for us
- How does weeds smell?
- How many Japanese soldiers died in China
- How does socialism destroy a society?
- Why do companies have dress codes