How do beauticians become self-employed
Register a business with a cosmetic salon / cosmetic studio
Not least because of the general freedom of trade, anyone in this country can register a trade with a cosmetic studio. Appropriate vocational training or specialist qualifications are not a formal basic requirement, but strongly recommended: Customers expect a holistic, professional range of services and quite a few want to be presented with visible evidence in the form of certificates. How should professional advice including beauty treatment work if there is no in-depth specialist knowledge? Training in this area is therefore a critical start-up requirement for success, even if it is not absolutely necessary.
After successful training, beauticians have the chance to embark on a career path from an employee relationship. Since this is a commercial activity, a trade license is an essential requirement to start. It does not matter whether a cosmetic studio is opened, a home office is used or mobile customer service is offered. In any case, the scope of the commercial activity must be specified in the registration. So if you also want to sell care products (possibly via an online shop), you must state this in the job description.
The most important things about registering a business for a cosmetic studio
If you want to register a cosmetic studio, you naturally need suitable ones Business premises. This is where the trade inspectorate comes into play: So have to look at Hygiene regulationsthat play a major role in this area, e.g. requirements with regard to a separate customer toilet are observed. This also applies if a home office is used for commercial purposes (in this case the landlord must also be asked for permission). The regulations and structural requirements can vary from state to state, so start-ups should contact the appropriate offices personally in order to be able to meet all requirements and requirements right from the start. Since this is not a business that requires a permit or requires monitoring, the registration process should be quick. In addition to the business registration form, you must also present your identity card. More and more regulatory agencies are now also offering a convenient online service. The takes an important role in the actual business registration description the self-employed activity: the more comprehensively and broadly it is described, the fewer problems there should be afterwards. Also, at a later point in time, there is usually no need to adjust the trade license for a fee. Anyone who “only” wants to sell cosmetic products as a part-time job basically needs a trade license. Without a trade license, self-employment may not be commenced. The documents usually to be submitted for the business registration are in Section 13 of the Trade Regulations (GewO) held.
Special feature for registering as a beautician
It should be noted that the professional field of beautician is in accordance with Appendix B of the Crafts Code around a craft-like trade does not require a master craftsman, so the entry requirements are quite straightforward. This usually results in the obligation to join the local Chamber of Crafts and pay compulsory contributions at a later point in time. On the other hand, this membership can be used strategically to get professional advice. In addition, Paragraph 113 of the Crafts Code (HwO) stipulates that founders who register a trade for the first time are exempt from paying contributions in the first year. Discounts can be used in the following years. The trade tax, which can vary due to an individual assessment rate depending on the municipality, only takes effect from an annual basic allowance of currently 24,500 euros.
Unannounced inspections by the health department: Hygiene is essential for a successful business
It goes without saying that the observance of Hygiene regulations and standards must be part of the professional practice. For this reason, too, there is actually no alternative to a corresponding training or at least further training, because in this context the relevant specialist knowledge is imparted in a practice-oriented manner. It is important to integrate hygiene measures as a routine into the processes from the start, especially since customers tacitly require a high level of cleanliness. In particular, the disinfection of work utensils and preventive measures (e.g. wearing protective gloves during certain treatments) play key roles. Founders should be aware of the fact that the health department can come by for unannounced checks, after all, other offices are also informed as part of the business registration (so also the tax office for the taxation of commercial activity). If hygienic deficiencies are discovered during an inspection or reported by customers, the formal authorization can quickly be withdrawn from the business. Of course, the relevant commercial expertise must not be neglected in order to keep an eye on costs and skillfully align the range of services to the demand situation (including attractive pricing from the customer's point of view). We recommend reading another specialist article on our partner portal Selbststaendig.de.
The most important things in a nutshell: Registering a business as a beautician (cosmetic studio)
- Regardless of the type and scope of the business (stationary cosmetic studio, home office or mobile service), a business must be registered
- only a trade license entitles you to practice your profession independently
- No special entry barriers: the business registration is theoretically possible even without training (or further education), but not recommended
- With regard to the business premises, hygiene-relevant structural regulations must be taken into account, which vary from state to state (think in particular of a separate customer toilet)
- it is neither a business that requires a permit nor one that requires monitoring
- According to the Crafts and Trades Code, it is an admission-free, craft-like profession without compulsory master craftsmen, which results in the compulsory membership in the Chamber of Crafts (in the first year there is no contribution)
- Hygiene standards (including preventive measures) must be observed every day => there is a risk of unannounced inspections by the health department
- What is your favorite food in India 1
- How do you become a jester
- Can teens go to a strip club
- What is H2O
- What's so bad about wearing dentures
- What is a complex character
- Has anyone had a narcissistic best friend?
- What are the most common parenting problems
- What is the tastiest English dish
- What are the best crowdsourced crowdfunding websites
- How much is your pension
- Women get wet while breastfeeding
- Wearing heels increases the size of your hips
- What's your favorite crunchy snack
- Why are my wounds healing so slowly
- Are there secret billionaires?
- What is your favorite vacation
- Was Pablo Escobar a hero?
- What is Walmart's dress code
- Sofrito is used in Italian cuisine
- How do health and safety affect employees?
- What problems do brand consultants solve
- Can a person lose their US citizenship
- What happened during the Assumption of Mary